The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Ask and I’ll Answer! (Maybe haha)

If you do a Perisher season, you’ll have fun and snowboard a bit. If you go to Canada, you’ll have an epic season.

Even if you don’t get a job as a lifty (which I can pretty much get for you if you want sun peaks) then you can get jobs anywhere here and just pay for the season pass… It’ll still be heaps better than an Aus season.

If you really want to do a SoHe season, go to Queenstown!

I am not sure why you don’t want to do both? Especially if as you say “you want to get into the industry”

So you will want to work at Perisher when you get back.

I sort of work for Perisher (long story) Andy Atkin does too. I think Rider has at one point as well.

TJswish - 14 January 2014 04:10 PM

If you do a Perisher season, you’ll have fun and snowboard a bit. If you go to Canada, you’ll have an epic season.

Even if you don’t get a job as a lifty (which I can pretty much get for you if you want sun peaks) then you can get jobs anywhere here and just pay for the season pass… It’ll still be heaps better than an Aus season.

If you really want to do a SoHe season, go to Queenstown!

Yeah I do really want a lifty job at Sun Peaks, Canada is what i’m really set on I’ve always want to go and I think I will love it. I just need to wait till I can apply for a job. If you are able to speak to Bowen for me that would be awesome! I think if I end up doing a season here I will be really disappointed with me self. I just need to stick to Canada and that’s it! It’s been one of my dreams for years and i’m going to stick to it!
TJ thanks for all your help/info it really has been really, really helpful!

ozgirl - 14 January 2014 04:14 PM

I am not sure why you don’t want to do both? Especially if as you say “you want to get into the industry”

So you will want to work at Perisher when you get back.

I sort of work for Perisher (long story) Andy Atkin does too. I think Rider has at one point as well.

Ozgirl I could do both if I wanted to it’s just I don’t think I could spend nearly a whole year away from my girlfriend so It kinda has to be one or the other. Otherwise sure I would definitely go for both.

Take her with you?

Azz - 14 January 2014 04:34 PM

Take her with you?

I wish I could but she is in her last year of uni this year, the plan is if I get a job in Canada she will come over towards the end of the season for a holiday.

thumbsup

Just realized an option for you. Apply to whistler as a lifty for summer and carry over for winter. I’ll talk to supervisors in the next few days and see if that would be a viable option for you if you have your heart set on it. They may not do it that way but always worth looking into because I know if you’ve worked winter on the lifts they may offer you to stay on for summer..

Wilmshurst - 14 January 2014 05:20 PM

Just realized an option for you. Apply to whistler as a lifty for summer and carry over for winter. I’ll talk to supervisors in the next few days and see if that would be a viable option for you if you have your heart set on it. They may not do it that way but always worth looking into because I know if you’ve worked winter on the lifts they may offer you to stay on for summer..

That also sounds like an awesome idea! Thanks a lot for your help I really appreciate it!

That also means an extra 3-4 months away from your GF…

deanobruce - 14 January 2014 05:27 PM

That also means an extra 3-4 months away from your GF…

True that.. But if you have your heart set on it..

Word!

Yeah I know it would be longer, ahh dam I guess just sticking to the snow season would be more ideal. If only she could just come with then it would be all sweet!

Why can’t she?

Why can’t she come to Canada with me?
Well she will only just be finishing uni and she has an undergrad position with Pepsico which hopefully they offer her a graduate position soon. So if that happens she won’t be able to take 6 month off straight away. Due to the fact she will be taking a month and a bit off to meet up with me towards the end of the season.