The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Where ya’ll from?

Hey BW peeps, Seen as I’m new to BW I just wanted to get to know you all a bit more. Where are most of you from? How long have you been boarding for ect.
Do I have any fellow Adelaide peeps out there?

He Leesh!

Greta thread.

born and raised Sydneysider.

Skiing for 30+ years and technically boarding for over 15! (shhhhhh)

(but your new thread was supposed to give you reason to make multiple post - ie we ask questions about you! so you have to answer!)

I’m one of a few on here from Sydney’s northern beaches.  I have been boarding for 3 years, (although the first year doesn’t really count as i didn’t pick it up at all and went back to skis lol) i wouldn’t go back now.. Having way to much fun boarding smile

Haha Ozgirl I know but I wanted to find more out about you guys as well smile I think may make that thread as well could be fun.
Wow seems like you have a lot of experience!

Hoz sounds like you are picking it up now though! I’ve only been boarding once in NZ. We went for a week and by the end of it I didn’t want to leave. I was just starting to pick it up once it was time to go. I had one day of being on the lifts. Haven’t been boarding since -.-. Can’t wait to work my first season :D

We live in a magical place called Chill Hill, close to Mount Hotham, the rivers, lakes and beach. The wine flows freely and good times are plentiful*. cheese

*apart from tonight after seeing Billy’s pic of herself guts deep in Japow on Facebook. That was a bad time downer

and I have been boarding almost as long as you have been alive shaka

Azz - 09 January 2014 09:34 PM

We live in a magical place called Chill Hill, close to Mount Hotham, the rivers, lakes and beach. The wine flows freely and good times are plentiful*. :cheese

Azz that place sounds amazing! I wish I lived close to the snow. It sucks here in Adelaide no snow -.-
Haha ok then so for a little while then :D

*apart from tonight after seeing Billy’s pic of herself guts deep in Japow on Facebook. That was a bad time downer

Yeh, I’m loving it.. Out doing a few of the guys in our group now, loving the park, (hitting jumps and boxes, haven’t done rails yet) and flat land tricks, (tail/ nose pressing, Ollie, nollies, butters, small 180 jumps!! So good!! 

and its very addictive!! I’m suffering major sds right now (snow deprecation syndrome) lol!

Yeah I was like that when we got back from NZ. I was like damm I need to do that again and learn more! I really can’t wait to be able to do it everyday for a whole season! I’m still beginner but hopefully by mid season I’ll be able to learn jumps. I really want to learn how to butter it looks so cool smile

If you get the chance to come to perisher, I’m happy to teach you! Its sooo much fun!

h0z - 09 January 2014 10:32 PM

If you get the chance to come to perisher, I’m happy to teach you! Its sooo much fun!

Thanks Hoz that’s kind of you! I’ve actually applied for a lifty job at Perisher this season. Just need to work out if I’m going to head to Canada or not. Could possibly do both lol.

Ahh awesome!! Well,if you end up at perisher, ill be there every second weekend,and a few week long trips aswell! Quite a few BW members do weekend trips, smile

Sounds good I’ll defiantly let you know smile

h0z - 09 January 2014 09:44 PM

I’m suffering major sds right now (snow deprecation syndrome) lol!

So your love for snow is depreciating over time? or do you mean Snow Deprivation Syndrome wink

Hahaha autocorrect strikes again!! Rofl and yes I meant deprivation haha, thanks deano smile

Autocorrect late at night = epic fail haha I’ve had to edit a heap of my posts.