The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Switchback Bindings

Any peeps have/used/demo’d any of the Switchback bindings?
More specifically the Halldor model.

Doing some research for next seasons gear, board is pretty much sorted. Just need bindings, boots and goggles/maybe a jacket and i am golden!

I personally haven’t. But I’ve heard mixed things. So I’m being no help at all LOL

But when I hear things like this it means one definite thing to me. DEMO FIRST.

Almost every time I have bought something that people argue over, I end up wishing I didn’t buy it. If you get the chance, rock your old bindings until you get to demo them and then decide for your self. It’s the best way unless everyone is agreed that they are amazing.

I have one friend who said they made his board feel lifeless and almost unusable. But some people like them. So I’m guessing they work well with a certain type of board.

Not much use here either, but I’ve read a lot about people that like the comfort and hold of the straps!!!!!

The first NOW Binders had terrible straps, so there was a lot that swapped body parts and used Switchbacks as a source!!!!!

As for the rest of the binding?????

Yeh im trying to find as much info as possible on peoples experiences with Switchback and NOW bindings, i was even looking at your precious FLUX bindings miz LOL

Season isnt for a long time so i have plenty of research time, a demo day would really help but yeh, will have to wait.

Cheers

No photos of Jez needed here mate

deanobruce - 10 December 2013 10:07 AM

Yeh im trying to find as much info as possible on peoples experiences with Switchback and NOW bindings, i was even looking at your precious FLUX bindings miz LOL

Season isnt for a long time so i have plenty of research time, a demo day would really help but yeh, will have to wait.

Cheers

deano you can borrow my NOW when season starts if u want.

Champion!
If i am still in the market by then (I’m impatient so will prob buy before then) i will most definitely hit you up!

deanobruce - 10 December 2013 09:36 PM

Champion!
If i am still in the market by then (I’m impatient so will prob buy before then) i will most definitely hit you up!

no problems mate, use them and abuse them…

if they break bin them for me…

Not a fan of them?

i haven’t even tried them yet mate

Mizu Kuma - 10 December 2013 03:29 PM

LOL  LOL  LOL

Everyone here rocks them, and everyone seems pretty stoked on them

The last time I looked they didn’t have forward lean adjustment. Deal breaker for me.

rider26 - 20 January 2014 07:26 AM

The last time I looked they didn’t have forward lean adjustment. Deal breaker for me.

I didn’t know that either. Raw rail / street riding. Your in NYC Rider hit up a rail :D