The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Online persona

Who out there is the same “in real life” as they are “online”?

I hope that I’m the same smile

What has turned me off some online places in the past is the disrespect shown by some members towards others. I’m very happy to have a difference of opinion, an argument even, as long as it is without personal attack and put down.

I have met some absolutely awesome people online, some great friendships have resulted.
I’ve also decided there are a few people I would feel uncomfortable hanging out with.

What’s your experience?

I’m young, handsome, and extremely intelligent!!!!!

Regardless of what you read on here!!!!!

Mizu Kuma - 07 December 2013 06:02 PM

Ha!

long face

You’re much nicer to me in person!!!!!

Tambo - 07 December 2013 05:34 PM

What has turned me off some online places in the past is the disrespect shown by some members towards others. I’m very happy to have a difference of opinion, an argument even, as long as it is without personal attack and put down.

I have met some absolutely awesome people online, some great friendships have resulted.
I’ve also decided there are a few people I would feel uncomfortable hanging out with.

What’s your experience?

I think you’re much the same online and in person smile

I’m a lot quieter and less outspoken online than I am in person oddly enough. Probably because in real life I have a tendency to speak without thinking where as that is much harder to do online :p

Oh…. I’ll try harder. Sorry Mr Mizu. grin

cool smile

Mizu Kuma - 07 December 2013 06:02 PM

You lie!!!

You country folk are harsh!!!!!  downer

Depends on the site/app

DylanV - 07 December 2013 09:15 PM

Depends on the site/app

Boardworld…..

LOL you are exactly the same in person Dyldo thumbsup

Azz - 07 December 2013 09:17 PM

LOL you are exactly the same in person Dyldo thumbsup

Yea I spose im the same everywhere cheese

Some people don’t like my brutal honesty LOL

I’m the same… (I hope) my theory is why try to be something/someone your not.. If people don’t like you for you.. Then what’s the point being friends with them?

air180 - 07 December 2013 06:21 PM
Tambo - 07 December 2013 05:34 PM

What’s your experience?

I think you’re much the same online and in person smile

I’m a lot quieter and less outspoken online than I am in person oddly enough. Probably because in real life I have a tendency to speak without thinking where as that is much harder to do online :p

You’re a person I’d like to know more….. Glad u met you here

Funny - i think most people on here are the same in person as they are online.

But interestingly I think a lot of us came out of our shell more on here specifically after meeting us online/shred.