The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Nikon Camera

Hey, I clicked on the banner add for Nikon you will be have seeing on Boardworld lately.

Check out the Nikon AW1. Great piece of kit smile

I am a Canon man myself, but this is one really cool camera that suits the lifestyle most of us here lead. i.e, we are rough on our gear. Waterproof, shock proof, interchangeable lens. I love the way it takes 40 frames in a second then you can go through and pic the best frame and save it.

Anyway, click on the banner and check it out, let me know what you think?

*I will move this thread to Photography after a few days

Looks like it could be the goods Azz.

Going to be spending my stupid amount of free time over the coming weeks looking into new gear for the upcoming winter/following NOHE winter and a camera is high up on that list, this ticks a few boxes so far (admittedly only had a quick glance so far)

Think I might be getting into a store to check this one out. Very interesting little camera

I hope that Santa brings me one of these!!!!!

You look like santa so maybe buy yourself one?

Hohohohohoo!!!!!

Think i might grab one of these for the girl for christmas.
I am a Canon man but the j1 looks the goods for what she wants.

I’m really keen on the AW1. It suits the action/snow/water sports perfectly! Not only is it water/shock/freeze proof, it is fast as hell too.
Only reason atm why I havent just gone out and got one, is 1. $$, and two I am already on Canon. So I cant use my current lenses (even though they arent that great.)
Still, I am seriously thinking about investing in this camera. It does all the stuff that I would use a GoPro for. I dont lie POV footage really, so its perfect for the environments I would film in

I don’t think the lens thing is an issue. You’d need the waterproof lenses anyway, and we have nothing like that in our kit. I’m a Canon person too, but this interests me a lot. I’d love to hear from someone who has tried it. Interestingly, Steph Gilmour says she uses it, and the Coolpix version, which can be used with gloves on.