The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Paul Walker - RIP :(

Whichever way ya look at it, anyone that goes before their time is very sad news. RIP

I’m watching fast 5 right now, still can’t believe it. Going to be rough employee tomorrow. .

NBG - 05 December 2013 05:31 PM

Hoz I would say that’s not the case at all, racing car drivers die driving cars, big mountain snowboarders die snowboarding, big wave surfers die surfing.  They are all dangerous pursuits with a very real and present threat of death.  If I had to pick how a big wave surfer would die I would say more than likely it might be in the ocean, nothing ironic about that.  If the big wave surfer died by drowning in a blow up kiddie pool, that would be ironic.

I guess you could call most things ironic if you looked hard enough for a strange correlation somewhere.

I,agree with you…

but I still find some,irony because he wasn’t “illegal street racing” or pulling stunts like driving,off bridges or out of trains or drifting,impossible corners..  Its was day to day commuting that killed him..  which (imo) ties in with your surfer example and the kiddies pool..  (again just how I see it.. Not everyone will,see,it that way)

and as Billy said, either way, its still sad :(

NBG - 05 December 2013 05:31 PM

I guess you could call most things ironic if you looked hard enough for a strange correlation somewhere.

Yep, you’re right again. Perhaps the word is fashionable now, and that’s why people are trying to look for irony where it simply doesn’t exist? A “strange correlation” doesn’t imply irony, it simply means there’s a strange correlation - just as “unexpected” is to “ironic” what “slightly damp” is to “soaking wet”.

Maybe Irony is bein called on your diction by someone that has displayed poor diction in the past?????

Or would that be Satire?????

I wouldnt know, cause I’m not a photographer!!!!!

LOL

Haha.. I agree mizu, ‘tis LOL

*sigh*

Stupid people are rarely aware of their stupidity. As expected, Boardworld’s lowest common denominator proves that this case is no exception.

Hmm, that reminds me of a saying.. Now what was it?

Oh! That’s right…

“If you haven’t got anything nice to say.. don’t say anything at all..”

There is no need to insult people, simply because you have different views on a subject..

Personally I’d rather be around nice, ‘ignorant’/less educated’ people who have a positive attitude, than bitter, belittling, negative insulting people…  Just saying…

h0z - 07 December 2013 04:56 PM

Hmm, that reminds me of a saying.. Now what was it?

Oh! That’s right…

“If you haven’t got anything nice to say.. don’t say anything at all..”

There is no need to insult people, simply because you have different views on a subject..

Personally I’d rather be around nice, ‘ignorant’/less educated’ people who have a positive attitude, than bitter, belittling, negative insulting people…  Just saying…

Good job h0z. Think you nicely summed it up there.

chucky - 07 December 2013 03:36 PM

*sigh*

Stupid people are rarely aware of their stupidity. As expected, Boardworld’s lowest common denominator proves that this case is no exception.

Now THIS, is Ironic!!!!!

*snort*