The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

HEAT MOULDING

Hey guys got a new set of boots for my birthday and was just wondering about the heat moulding process.

Is it simple to do yourself of best to get someone to do it for you??

The best way is to just wear the boots around the house and let the heat generated by your feet shape them slowly. The boots break down less this way.

If you’re getting some serious pressure points however, or your toes are super tight in the toe box, then I would consider getting them done in store. If the boots generally feel comfortable though, I would use the first method.

no worries ill give that a go. thanks mate

How did the boots fit by the way? You stoked with them?

yea they fit perfect and absolutely frothing over them, cant wait to give them a good run thumbsup

Great to hear. Since they fit perfectly, I would definitely just wear them around the house to shape them and break them in a bit. No need to heat them up manually (it just breaks down the boots quicker).

I have had my last two pairs of boots done in store and got footbeds at the same time, starting to get long in the tooth after 4 seasons now.

Foot beds are the bomb shaka

What boots did you get?

He bought the ThirtyTwo Lashed Fast Track.

Noiiiiiiiiiiicccccccccccccceeeeeeeeeee

cant beat a pair of 32 boots

I got,the womens ones of those in the rainbow tie dye.. And they are super comfy.. I’ll just wear mine around for a few hours a day for 2-3 days before I go boarding again..

(mines are the fast track,lashed too - I had 32 boots before these and did the same thing to wear them in, I’ve had them 3 seasons bow and not a problem with them., )

ThirtyTwo makes excellent boots. Super high tech and lightweight. I’ve always been a fan.