The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Your Quiver — Post your ride here!

I’m gonna have to disagree with that one, skip!!!!!

I’ve owned both TRice (161.5), and a Tasmaniac (157), and the Tasmaniac is definitely more stable at speed, and predictable like a Cambered board!!!!!

The TRice had tendencies to follow its own line at times, just like a Rockered board behaves!!!!!

Nice skip,

I rode the digitalreavers proto for a couple of runs this season. What I couldn’t get over was how much it seemed to bite on toe side turns. It almost acted like it had a really small radius side cut as in I’d start my turn and before I knew it I was looking back up the hill.

This could also have had something to do with Dan’s bindings (Now IPO’s) which I’d never ridden before either.

Was one of the more different feeling boards I’ve ridden but certainly fun.

I’m not one to get caught up on top sheet graphics but have to say it’s style is right up my alley.

@Mizu: Hmm I don’t know but that’s what I felt when I ride Marc’s board and also my friend’s Greats. The board felt so short and the contact points are lifted so high off the snow, which probably why I felt that way. Where as with the Rice the contact points are always in contact with the snow. But I do agree with you that the Rice doesn’t track as straight when flat basing/1 footing.

@drc13: Yeah it has a pretty tight sidecut radius I think it’s around 7m-ish. If you don’t like this radius you probably won’t like Burton Sherlock which has 6m-ish sidecut. I demoed that board a few years ago and I felt like you do, as soon as I start the turn I feel like going uphill.

Just got a 2013 YES Public 154

Can’t wait to ride this bad boy in the park!

Nice! Represent! shaka

skip11 - 21 October 2013 03:54 AM

@Mizu:  Where as with the Rice the contact points are always in contact with the snow. But I do agree with you that the Rice doesn’t track as straight when flat basing/1 footing.

C2 is predominantly Rocker in it’s profile, so the contact points are lifted as opposed to a Cambered Profile!!!!!

That’s why it doesn’t track straight when flat basin!!!!!

Wilmshurst - 26 November 2013 12:54 PM

Nice one!!!!!

What Bindings you gonna bolt on?????

@Mizu: Nope, the contact points are always touching the snow/ground, pic below. It’s squirrely when flat basing because of the rocker in the middle not because the contact points are off the snow. Where as the Camrock with YES the contact points are off the snow, but the camber in the middle makes the board track straight when flat basing.

skip11 - 26 November 2013 01:27 PM

@Mizu: Nope, the contact points are always touching the snow/ground, pic below. It’s squirrely when flat basing because of the rocker in the middle not because the contact points are off the snow. Where as the Camrock with YES the contact points are off the snow, but the camber in the middle makes the board track straight when flat basing.

And the Rocker in the C2 does the opposite, hence why the Rocker is in contact with the snow!!!!!

The CamRock’s Contact Points are just a little further along the effective edge when flatbasing, but it behaves just as a Cambered Board does!!!!!

The C2 behave more like a Rockered Profile, where the center of the effective edge is always in contact with the snow!!!!! Combine this with one or the other Cambered Tip/Tail in the C2, and you have the weird behavior of the board not tracking straight, and feeling “squirrelly”!!!!!

Hence why they now have the C3 profile, that has the contact points always engaged, yet still keeping that little bit of rocker in the center!!!!! (Not sure what that rocker in the center would actually do/feel like though) Gamblor AKA MarcD will soon let us know in his Blog!!!!!

C2 in the Travis Rice!!!!!

C3!!!!!

Mizu Kuma - 26 November 2013 01:16 PM

Nice one!!!!!

I’ve got a pair of ‘09 cartels that I’m riding at the moment but they’re getting a bit worn out. Been looking at a pair of union team bindings one of the shops here has.

Any suggestions?

Wilmshurst - 26 November 2013 01:53 PM

Nice one!!!!!

I’ve got a pair of ‘09 cartels that I’m riding at the moment but they’re getting a bit worn out. Been looking at a pair of union team bindings one of the shops here has.

Any suggestions?

FLUX DS (DS30 in older models) or the super flexy urethane based FLUX RK!!!!!

If you like a more Responsive Binding, then the FLUX DL (DMCC Lights in older models)

All great Park Bindings!!!!!

Erik Leon Riding the DL’s here!!!!! VVVVV

Mizu Kuma - 26 November 2013 02:05 PM
Wilmshurst - 26 November 2013 01:53 PM

Nice one!!!!!

Any suggestions?

FLUX DS (DS30 in older models) or the super flexy urethane based FLUX RK!!!!!

If you like a more Responsive Binding, then the FLUX DL (DMCC Lights in older models)

All great Park Bindings!!!!!

Erik Leon Riding the DL’s here!!!!! VVVVV

Yeah keen to check out the DMCC ones but want to ride some first before I’d buy them. I’ll have a look online and see who can let me demo them.. Any other brands?

I do know that Evolution, the board store up near the Supermaket in the Village sold/demoed them in 2012!!!!!

Heres’s The Flux Distributor in Canada too!!!!!

Toll Free: 1.800.735.7547
Fax: (604) 985-6066
.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

As for other models in other brands, I’ll let the other guys pump out some suggestions!!!!! shaka

The Flux DS and DL are great bindings, but I’ll also like to throw Now Bindings into the mix as well. I have been super impressed with them and I will be buying another set in the future.

I can probably arrange a demo if you’re interested?

http://now-snowboarding.com/

rider26 - 26 November 2013 04:20 PM

The Flux DS and DL are great bindings, but I’ll also like to throw Now Bindings into the mix as well. I have been super impressed with them and I will be buying another set in the future.

I can probably arrange a demo if you’re interested?

http://now-snowboarding.com/

Oh heck yeah! Keen to try anything out and see what combo works best!