The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Disappointment/Rant/Story (not good enough for Devo)

Sigh - Disappointment/Rant/Story
Workday slow for the first half then booked opening night movie tickets to The Hunger Games (YAY). Rest of the day flies. 10 minutes left, CBF, meet Mrs Dragon at the gym to throw some weights around.  Exit to some Spanish Tapas for dinner, start running late so grab last bits and late last serve takeaway (server gave a pretty darn good impersonation of non-impressiveness). Hit some drops, then pretty good rain on the way home (motorbike), Mrs complains a little on the third light (1/4 mile stretch) but we have enough time to get home, change into dry, and make the previews.  Home.  No Keys.  No House Keys, No Home Keys, No Keys.  Plus Fur Babies know we’re home and are staring at us thru the window. Dragon is nothing but creative, A bit ago picked up Great-Grandfather-In-Law bed pieces and Blanket box and the upstairs spare bedroom REEKED of DDT so left the window open a crack.  Climbed onto the roof, somehow managed to Bump the screen, unwind the window to extent, and( for those that know me, I’m not the smallest of people) talk Mrs. Dragon into climbing our unsafe ladder and Sqeeeezing into and dropping into said bedroom. SUCCESS!!  Desperate search for spare keys, found them all, but no Truck key. Bea miserable event at the movies soaking wet in aircon, made some calls, I went to the cinema, parked the motor on the sidewalk and dripped my way in and begged the very helpful employee for assistance in transferring our tickets (paid top dollar, hoping for anything).  Very sympathetic man, (Dragon sighs in relief).  Rebooked for Sunday midday, which is good.  Pretty disappointed about tonight, but rescheduling works for me, so not entirely a Devo night.  F I hope I find my keys (I seriously stess about that shit. and my wallet, F me Dead anytime I lose my wallet), there may be some unreplacables on that chain. But for now, all is good, check the gym for the keys tomorrow, with any luck no rain tomorrow (cause I can’t find the only spare key for the the truck), and then it’s the weekend.

If you made it this far, thank you for reading time for a beer

LOL See, you finished it all off with a Beer!!!!!

You’re an Aussie!!!!!

Bugger, but you gotta admit, its a pretty funny read for us LOL

Sounds like my everyday, hope it’s just a one off for you Dragon.

spaz - 23 November 2013 12:28 PM

Sounds like my everyday, hope it’s just a one off for you Dragon.

It was Bro, thanks. I shared to vent, and entertain smile  could have been a lot worse! Glad we got in to feed the pets (without a locksmith) and that we can see the movie tomorrow.  Found my keys, had a Bbq with friends last night,  pulled my shoulder playing water volleyball today confused , movie tomorrow this weekend is actually turning out to be better than average to say the least LOL  Bloody rocky start, but what can you do?!

Azz - 21 November 2013 10:56 PM

Bugger, but you gotta admit, its a pretty funny read for us LOL

My work here is done