The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Fukushima: Beyond Urgent

I’ve been following this story as much as possible. It’s absolutely scary what’s going on in Japan. I don’t think anyone really knows just how much damage is being done and how this will affect our planet and the people living on it in years to come.

Fukushima: Beyond Urgent

This video briefly covers the 3 core meltdowns, the vulnerable and leaky water storage tanks, radiation health effects, contamination of the Pacific Ocean and marine life, Unit 4 collapse risk and Unit 4 fuel rod removal risk. The situation is ongoing and deteriorating, and it’s highly likely that it’s actually worse than presented here. This is only a basic outline of some key elements, which I have tried to present in a way that should be easily understood by everyone, particularly those who’ve not been following this crisis. I have also compiled a list of links below that will inform you more.

More videos if you’re interested…

Have you read Fukushima by Mark Willacy? He is the ABC Japanese corespondent.

Very interesting read.

Early this week they moved some of the rods into another cooling tank.

No, I haven’t. Looks very interesting though. What did you think of it?

what a bloody nightmare, the whole thing.

It’s all Tony Abbott’s fault.

rider26 - 22 November 2013 04:24 PM

No, I haven’t. Looks very interesting though. What did you think of it?

Pretty good, it gets a title hard going when he is talking about the politics behind it all. I enjoy the parts about the people and their stories, good and bad. So sad, yet such amazing stories to be told of everyday people doing amazing things while losing everything.

Not sure if I can lend you an ebook, if I can, I’ll do so smile

Any one found any data collected that’s been released i’d like to see it, even though i’d probably not understand much if any.

I also found this pretty interesting.  http://www.zerohedge.com/article/understanding-radioactivity-fukushima-physics-and-engineering-perspective

I think it’s from 2011 so any radiation will be less now may even be gone.

Most of the panic is the media who know absolutely nothing at all about nuclear physics and it’s effects using technical data to scare people. Most people don’t understand radiation and hence worry over it making for easy story’s in the media.

Any one found any data collected that’s been released i’d like to see it, even though i’d probably not understand much if any.

I also found this pretty interesting.  http://www.zerohedge.com/article/understanding-radioactivity-fukushima-physics-and-engineering-perspective

I think it’s from 2011 so any radiation will be less now may even be gone.

Most of the panic is the media who know absolutely nothing at all about nuclear physics and it’s effects using technical data to scare people. Most people don’t understand radiation and hence worry over it making for easy story’s in the media.

Azz - 22 November 2013 03:23 PM

Very interesting read.

He’s the dude that did a Doco just before the Tsunami, then went back yeah?????

Azz, do you still have the book?

Its an e book, on my iPad

Mizu Kuma - 22 November 2013 07:10 PM
Azz - 22 November 2013 03:23 PM

Very interesting read.

He’s the dude that did a Doco just before the Tsunami, then went back yeah?????

Ummm not sure. I have heard him on ABC radio a fair bit.