The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Summer of Cricket

Does anybody care?

The Ashes series starts today or tomorrow or something (it irritates me beyond belief that they call it that even though its not “the ashes”)

I now care a millifraction more than I did 10mins ago cause the Office Junior at work just explained it too me!

Now when I hear the score I actually get it!

I like watching / listening to One dayers, tests bore me.

cricket ey? that still around?

Boring as shit to play, worse to watch.

Yep not a fan either

I don’t mind it.  I find it incredible that you can still have a game that comes down to the last few balls after 5 days of play!  I must admit I have lost interest in recent years, though.

Mudhoney - 21 November 2013 02:13 PM

I find it incredible that you can still have a game that comes down to the last few balls after 5 days of play! 

I must admit I have lost interest in recent years, though.

Maybe the fact that it hasn’t come down to the last few balls in the last few years has made you lose interest?

LOL

This much I did know about cricket!

Backyard Cricket!!!!!

Beach Cricket!!!!!

French Cricket!!!!!

Beers involved!!!!!

Any other Cricket makes me go to sleep!!!!!

Haha I must be the only one on here that loves it!

If Fatima was here he’d make two!!!!!

Dan83 - 21 November 2013 06:59 PM

Not the only one!

I grew up with cricket, pretty much my whole family on one sides plays. My claim to fame is that my dad used to play for Richmond firsts with Graham Yallop (was once the captain of Australia) and Paul Reiffel (also played for Australia).

I actually LIKE test cricket! raspberry and one dayers of course. Not a fan of 20/20, there’s no real strategy to it.

Somewhat disappointed in their effort so far though! After all their claims that they could win this series, last i heard they were 5/158 or something. Not looking hopeful!!

Still, there is no better way to spend a hot summer day than lying in front of the TV watching the test with a drink!

Boxing Day Test is the best smile

Sure is!!

I used to be mad into cricket…and still like watching tests which is easily the best form of the game and the odd one dayer….but have lost interest in recent years as well. Since the retirement of all my old faves (Mark Waugh #1)...haydos, gilly, langer etc, the new gen just haven’t inspired any passion in me to want to follow it that closely.

Dan83 - 21 November 2013 06:59 PM

Big time cricket nut here!!

Raised on backyard, beach, indoor and outdoor cricket.

A gentlemans game wink