The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

The NBA Thread

Heat are rolling. So stoked with how well Michael Beasley is playing. I think he’s going to be a great fit with this team.

C’mon Bulls! Beat those Pacers!

Bulls, ending streaks and looking good!

Haha check this out!

^^ daaaayeeemmm! !!

Derrick Rose to have surgery on his other knee. Out indefinitely. Sorry to hear it.  hmmm

Story here.

That sucks so much, he cant catch a break.

Sigh… Can’t see my favorite player play this season.. again. Hope he recovers well and pull of an Adrian Peterson next season.

Yeah man, it’s a real shame. I just hope he makes a full recovery and gets back to playing the game he loves next season. He’s still young, so he just needs to get strong and healthy, and I’m sure he has a long and successful career ahead of him.

I remember how devastated I was when we lost Alonzo Mourning indefinitely due to a kidney disease. He ended up missing two to three seasons and never really got back to the level he was once at. He was actually only one of two players ever to return to the game after a kidney transplant (and I believe the only one who went on to win a championship).

I still believe DRose can be the same player he was before but it’s gonna be real hard, especially psychologically. People have come back from ACL (Adrian Peterson, Rubio also I believe, and others) and meniscus tear (westbrook, blake). It’s just having both injuries albeit in different knees will make it harder for him to get back to his MVP form with his explosive playing style.

I think he can get there. He just needs to put in the hard work and overcome any fear, which will come with time on the court. His first knee injury is pretty much 100% now, there’s no reason why he can’t do the same for the other.

Yep, and apparently he was quicker and gained 5 inches to his vertical jump (along with 10lbs of muscle) which is amazing for an elite athlete before this recent injury. But I don’t think the bulls will make it past the first round if they do make the playoffs.

I don’t usually root for teams but more players that I like, but recently I’m liking Minnesota. But I’m going for GSW (go stephhh), Indiana (best chance at defeating the Heat in east I think), or maybe clips this season.

I think the Heat are going to be tough to beat if everyone stays healthy. Especially if Greg Oden can get back to game strength/fitness.

Yup Heat and Pacers are looking the goods in the Eastern Conf!!

Im quite surprised to see Portland up there in the West!!

HEAT NATION wink

The biggest surprise for me is how well Michael Beasley has adapted to our team. After all his problems, it’s so great to see him playing so well and with such high efficiency. He is actually second in the league right now for points per minute played, second only behind a guy named Kevin Durant (I hear he’s not too bad).