The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

VANS WARPED TOUR 2013

VANS WARPED TOUR 2013

With the mercury rising, the line-up for ‘The Best Day Ever’ continues to sizzle.

VANS WARPED TOUR 2013 is psyched to announce some of the worlds very best Skateboarders and BMX Riders will be bringing the thrills and spills to the Vans Warped Tour 2013! 

STEVE CABALLERO / RENTON MILLAR / OMAR HASSAN / NEAL HENDRIX / PEDRO BARROS / VI KAKINHO / MURILO PERES / DENNIS McCOY / COCO ZURITA

“A couple of my favourite skate trips of all time were when we did Warped Tour in Australia in the 90’s, so I’m stoked to get some of the guys together that did it back then, add some new guys and do it again. Perfect timing also, as soon as the weather turns colder in the States we can head to Oz and get another taste of summer”- Neal Hendrix

In true “Off The Wall” style, along with the trucks and tents making their way around the county, you’ll find a Vert or Mini-Ramp at each stop, where some world class skaters will be hitting it hard to impress the crowds.  Alongside skateboarding legend STEVE CABALLERO (who appeared in perhaps the most famous skate video of all time, ‘The Search for Animal Chin’, and the man responsible for tricks including the Caballerial and the front side board slide) will be Australia’s own RENTON MILLAR.  Renton’s forte on the vert ramp entails much flipping of the board with very little in the way of reaching down to grab it, as evidenced by his kick flipping into and shove-iting out of the very same nose grind.

“I can’t wait for the VANS WARPED TOUR. It’s a great group of riders and bands. We are heading to great spots, and I think Australia is looking forward to it!” 
– Renton Miller

California’s resident Black Label Skateboards Pro, OMAR HASSAN has been rocking the side stripe for 25 years and in those two and half decades he’s managed to see every inch of the globe and shred every type of terrain put in front of him. Joining the crew will be none other than NEAL HENDRIX! One of the most travelled skateboarders in history: Moscow, Shanghai, Rio, Zanzibar, Neal has skated them all! 17 year old PEDRO BARROS will be bringing his skate madness with runs including his incomprehensible paddles back to back 540s in the middle of flawless runs in cement bowls. Two of the youngest skaters on the scene will be 12 year old VI KAKINHO and 14 year old MURILO PERES.

YOU CAN CHECK THEM OUT BELOW

What’s more, the likes of DENNIS McCOY (the only BMX athlete to have competed at every X Games,) and the completely unique COCO ZURITA will be representing the best of BMX, as they take to the ramps of the VANS WARPED TOUR!

MUSIC
THE OFFSPRING / PARKWAY DRIVE / SIMPLE PLAN / MILLENCOLIN / THE AMITY AFFLICTION / NEW FOUND GLORY / THE USED / REEL BIG FISH / HATEBREED / TONIGHT ALIVE / THE SUMMER SET / KIDS IN GLASS HOUSES / WE CAME AS ROMANS / MAN OVERBOARD / CONFESSION / CROWN THE EMPIRE / THE DANGEROUS SUMMER / FOR ALL THOSE SLEEPING / VEARA / ANARBOR / HANDS LIKE HOUSES / MALLORY KNOX / BURIED IN VERONA / RDGLDGRN /
HAND OF MERCY

SKATEBOARD
STEVE CABALLERO / RENTON MILLAR / OMAR HASSAN / NEAL HENDRIX / PEDRO BARROS /
VI KAKINHO / MURILO PERES

BMX
DENNIS McCOY / COCO ZURITA

Tickets on sale: Via Oztix
Friday, 29th November – Brisbane, RNA Showgrounds
Saturday, 30th November - Coffs Harbour, Showground
Sunday, 1st December - Sydney, Barangaroo
Friday, 6th December - Canberra, Exhibition Park
Saturday, 7th December - Melbourne, Birrarung Marr
Sunday, 8th December - Adelaide, Ellis Park

http://www.vanswarpedtouraustralia.com/
https://www.facebook.com/WarpedAU
https://twitter.com/warpedAU

VANS WARPED TOUR®—is the well-established premier music and lifestyle festival tour of the American summer. A music lover’s playground, the VANS WARPED TOUR has been breaking up-and-coming indie talent as well as both creating and showcasing major established artists since 1995. The nationally-renowned touring festival will be bringing the “Best Day Ever” to fans across AUSTRALIA in November and December 2013.

Already got my ticket, can…not…wait!

am going just for Parkway Drive. but keen to see Offspring, MIllencolin, the used, reel big fish, confession, hand of mercy and hatebreed

why is this a sticky???

But yeah, its about time this festival came back. I went to the very first one. Got the most sunburnt i have ever been in my life. Blisters everywhere!!!

I think I’m gonna apply for a media pass for the Canberra Event and go to the Sydney one for fun. Im guessing most people are going to the Sydney one here??

I have a ticket for the Sydney one, but some mates want to road trip to the Canberra one. Not sure which way i will go yet…

Cant wait. Half decent line up now MIllencolin have been added!

PWD, The Used, Amity, Hands like Houses, Reel Big Fish, We Came As Romans.. Oh yes!

Getting mine and my girlies tix next week. Sick!

deanobruce - 29 October 2013 04:51 PM

I have a ticket for the Sydney one, but some mates want to road trip to the Canberra one. Not sure which way i will go yet…

Yeah Canberra one for sure haha

Anyone want a Sydney ticket?

did anyone go to this yesterday in Sydney??

yeah went to the sydney one, was a great day. Cab played bass for millencolin definitely a highlight. new found glory playing their sticks and stones album in entirety, parkway killing it as they always do. stoked grin

sweet! yeah can’t wait for it on friday. Was it super busy??

I got a million and one snapchats from there, so jealous. looked like a killer day.

it wasn’t as busy as i thought it would have been, they didn’t sell out tickets and were still selling em at the door, but stereo sonic was on at the same time in sydney. hope u have a good time rick. think i preferred the lineup better than sound wave, got to see all the bands i wanted to see, no real clashes

yeah i went to it yesterday, it was pretty sick! i got a bunch of photos to go through and edit and ill write up a little review on who i saw and stuff! keep your eye on this thread haha

Looking forward to it.