The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

NRL Grand Final

Manly to win! Heading down to the pub to watch it the sarvo, should be fun.

Not a fan of either contenders this year, but I’d like to hear Gould’s ramblin’s if the Chooks lose!!!!!

I will be watchin it on the new setup from the comfort of my new recliner!!!!! mizu

Who do you normally follow?  Don’t tell me you’re on the hate Manly bandwagon?

Nah, never been on the Manly Hate Wagon!!!!!

The Bulldogs are the only team that makes me puke!!!!!

As for my team… Ummm… You’ll only “Stir” the shit outta me if I divulged that!!!!!

So it’s Souths then?

GO THE CHOOKIES!!!!!!

I’m hoping the Sea Eagles take this one. Not a fan of either team but I <strike>hate</strike> dislike the Roosters.

But Jez, you live right in the heart of Roosters territory?!

I know. I have always been a Broncos supporter, and most my friends are Roosters supporters, hence an intenser rivalry since our childhood. Now it’s more about spite. I just don’t want to see them win. LOL

True story, I used to be train with the Roosters when I was a kid (well, kinda, ball boy type role haha). My sister used to train for athletics at ES Marks (Roosters training ground), and I would train with the Roosters. I would often get to hang out with Adrian Lam, Freddy Fittler, Ivan Clearly etc. I pass to Lam, he takes a tap, passes to Fittler, he puts up a bomb, I collect the ball. I would often just hang out with Adrian Lam and do a cool down session with him, just chatting about life haha. I had a soft spot for the Roosters during that time, but still refused to support them. But I was a good friend and would often take my mates to get their jerseys signed. Freddy was the man though. Always been a Freddy fan.

Not really an NRL fan, as i come from AFL territory, but id like to see the rooters get this one!

Now I’m backin Manly!!!!!

Gettin the rough end of the Pineapple!!!!!

Go the Under Dogs!!!!!

my team since i was a kid was north syd bears and after they got shafted by manly, i have hated the eagles. no real love for the roosters either so this was def a downer as grand finals go for me. not a bad end result thou, i guess

Reffing was very very suspect in that game.  Roosters have been the form team all season but they got gifted that game by reffing decisions.

been par for the course all season. too many games decided by dodgy decisions.
they need to get their act together