The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

PowderPak Parks Opening - Indoor Snowboarding (VIC)

PowderPak Parks Announce Opening

Jib Before Resort

PowderPak Parks (PPP) is proud and excited to announce the opening of the indoor riding facility 30minutes from Melbourne, in Dandenong South for mid week shred sessions starting on Wednesday 31st of July.

The ex-ammunition storage facility is now the PowderPakOz R&D epicentre equipped with a combination of modular features including a 6m handrail, learn to ride slope and modular boxes and jibs for riders of all skill levels.

PowderPakOz Director Nick Fergus said “We are stoked to finally open PowderPak Parks for all the snow lovers to come ride before heading up to the hills on the weekends. It’s an opportunity for riders to get the most out of their mountain experience, equipment tuned, legs warmed up and ready to shred!”

View the PowderPak Parks video clip produced by Andy Lyall below.

PowderPak Parks is an indoor, all weather jib park to facilitate public riding, private sessions, industry events and commercial activations.

Mid-week shred sessions cost $20 including free PPP membership for the first 100 riders from 6pm-9pm Wednesdays and Thursdays.

First come first served, bookings preferred and prioritised, capacity of 25 riders.

Further details visit http://www.facebook.com/PowderPakParks

cool

I will head down as soon as it opens. Just to give it a crack and get in for the free membership

K2 did you head down?

If so what’s it like?

Only heard about this today, has anyone else been. Anyone know if they are open year round?

Havent headed down yet. Will be going down before the Shred though. So with in the next few weeks. Will take photos and do a write up when I do

Also, pretty sure they will be open all year round. They dont have cooling issues like the city snow parks one did with real snow. And this is a lil factory in Dandenong, which would be much cheaper than the Docklands tent

Awesome thanks.

Am way too busy to head down that way until at least November (stupid uni) but if it’s decent & open over summer I’ll look to check it out.

Should probably improve my park skills…..

This makes me feel heaps better about being in Europe for the whole 2013 SoHe season.
15 minute drive from home, hoping to get down there at least once a week when I’m back!

Def keen to see pics and a review of how it is k2

They are now also open on Saturdays! 1:30 onwards I think.

Had my first session last week. I’ve only started boarding this season and had limited time on the snow. I went from barely being able to 50 to by the end of the day having boardslides, 50’s back 1’s, Indie’s and methods down.

Great place with a sick vibe! Nick and his family are so cool and welcoming I can guarantee you’ll have a good time.

One thing I would say is take your wrist guards and you MUST wear a helmet for insurance purposes.

They say an hour on the PPP is like a day on the hill, I get that now! I’ll be around on Sat for sureeeee!!!!!

How would an hour there be like a day on the hill?

In terms of amount of runs? or something else?

Think how quickly you can hit the same feature repeatedly. No need to ride down, get a chairlift etc. Also, hiking up on solid ground is faster than hiking up the snow. I’m also guessing this works your body a bit differently? Can anyone confirm?

Considering how quickly you can lap Piper park, front valley and Leichardt on a weekday. That call is bullshit if you ask me, Sure you amy get a few more runs but not a days worth in an hour…

Still want to get down to Melbs and give it a go!

Stacking onto a harder surface and the warmer temps in the indoor area maybe?

So you will be as sore and sweaty after an hour as a full day riding on the hill? haha

Probably not, just giving other reasons as to why it might be?