The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Quick thoughts on some 2014 boards

Lester86 - 03 October 2013 03:02 PM
Mizu Kuma - 03 October 2013 02:49 PM

DC Devun Walsh!!!!! (My new Board)

Damn talk about best bang for the buck I found a sick deal for this board last year’s model though at first look I wouldn’t think of this as a pow stick but with the stiffness being so far up there it’s looking good. Mirco camber hu? Interestinggggggg what bindings you running with it? Hows that camber profile compared to others? Like camrock or similar profiles?

Thanx

I’m yet to test ride my new one as it’s still at the shop waitin for my new FLUX DM’s to bolt onto it!!!!!

I’ve been ridin my DC HKD (The original Devun Pro Model) since 2008 and love it, hence why I’ve still got it (Plus it has the same model FLUX Bindings on it, just the 2009 Called The Super Diamond), and why I wanted another setup of the same bloodline!!!!!

My current DC has a bit more camber than the new one, but the reviews say that it still holds an edge like a full on cambered board does, but floats even better in the Pow!!!!! The new one is also a centered stance Twin, but nothin that a setback of the bindings wont alter if need be in the Pow!!!!! (Current DC has 1” Setback, and I’ve never needed to alter that even in the Deepest of Powder)

The FLUX DM’s are Carbon Composite High End Freeride Binders, that have awesome Response to match the Stiff Flex of the DC Devun!!!!!

Both have been in their respective Companies Lineup for yonks (Albeit a Tweek here and there), so they’ve been tried and tested and continue to obviously get the support from the Snowboarding Fraternity!!!!!

Try it mate, my guess is that you’d like it!!!!! shaka

Skip,

Your PYL did feel totally different stiffer I remember and I’m not saying that the Rossi is too stuff just assumed it is on the stiffer end from what Ive seen.

To bad on you heading back I’ll most likely going to head over there Jan Feb when the snow pack is up there put the spilt to the test.

I’ll check it Slash Gigi makes em look like dream boards in pow

Thanx again