The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Your First BW Post

So for one reason or another it occurred to me I had been on this forum for a while so I decided to find my first ever post, it was 4 years ago and was back when I was trying to decide on a new board back in my first season boarding again after 10 years away from it.  pretty funny to think about where my head was at back then.

Just out of curiousity, if you had a choice between a lib tech banana and Gnu pickle, which one would you go for? From what I can tell the only difference really is the Lib tech doesn’t have the deeper sidecut on the heel. Both are rockered boards with magnetraction. I really dunno if the sidecut is that big of an issue, I’m fairly big at 6’3” and 105kgs so throwing things around isn’t a problem.

Really interested in a twin, at the moment I have a directional Rossi that has been good up till now but just feel like one of the rocker style boards could help me progress in the direction I want to go quicker.

So what was your first post on BW?

It doesn’t show up on the new site by about 4 months… lol

Mine was Deleted!!!!!  hmmm

Thats weird, my first post 22 August 2009 and it’s still there.

Remember the Deleted incident he was involved in NBG?

Minse was about going to Tahoe;

deanobruce - 03 April 2011 12:09 PM

Hi guys, as the title states im heading to tahoe late this year with the missus and keen to hear any tips from any of you who have been there in terms of accommodation/car hire/resorts?

I have been doing a metric f#*kload of research on the net(mostly at snowboardingforum.com) and got a lot of good info,like 5 printed a4 pages, but curious to hear reports from aussies.

Looking to stay in Tahoe City for most of our time in tahoe, might stay a few nights at South Lake Tahoe unless the drive from Tahoe City to resorts like kirkwood/heavenly/sierra isnt too bad?

What carrier did you use for internal US flights? Planning on visiting vegas(for obvious reasons) although what is the drive like from tahoe to vegas?(if anyone has done it) and heading to boston to see the celtics play.

Cheers guys,

What’s the easiest way to find your first post?

I went to my profile and went view all posts. The oldest was from June but I actually joined in March.

Could have been this one:

TJswish - 07 June 2010 08:44 PM

TJ, Living in North Sydney, Been boarding for 4 years now…

Into Rock, Metal and Death Metal.

Riding a Capita Green Machine this year with Union Contacts.

If I signed up but didn’t actually post till June?

what’s the easiest way to find your first post?

I did the same thing Tj but it only gave 304 results, the oldest was from 20/6/09 at 2:12pm.
I looked in the “welcome to BW/introduce yourself” thread and on the 2nd page I have a post made at 1:09pm on the 14/06/09, the day I joined but that was 40min earlier.

By the looks of it the site launched on 12/6/09. Riders first post in the Welcome thread was at 11:50am.

The earliest post I can find.

spaz - 14 June 2009 01:09 PM

cool smile  we need snow related smileys

I’m to slow, how did I miss the launch day for the site?

G’day, my name is Sebastian but I get “spaz” a lot, it’s also the name I go by on other snow forums. I was going to register as snocam (my business) but thought I’d keep it a bit more personal.

Anyhow, I live in Thredbo, I hire HeadCams and do a Daily Snow Condition Video that you will all soon be very familiar with wink

snocam.com.au

This was my first Comeback Post in a Thread that I started called “From Riches to Rags”!!!!! LOL

Mizu Kuma - 18 April 2011 09:01 PM

I bet ya that nvancemorenoj and bcareyjimenezt didn’t ever think that they’d be rubbin shoulders with one of Boardworld’s “Poster” boys when they signed up this arvo!!!!!

I am putting this in the too hard basket…

I found my into in the girls section… but I don’t think that was my first post!

Just found mine

K2_TeacherBoy - 03 July 2009 02:07 AM

hey all,
new to the forum and thought id start off on this thread.

this pic is from Falls, August 08. Was after lifts closed for the days and there was mini 2ft kicker nxt to the spine ramp. just mucked round heaps, this was one of the shots

h0z - 13 October 2012 10:21 PM

Hey Girls! I’m h0z, Aka Holly, just signed up, to give me something to entertain myself with while there is no snow! and maybe have a look at the skating /surfing parts too! thinking of giving them both a go again, (only tried surfing once, but used to skate a bit when i was younger, mainly as transport from A to B though..)

What do you girls do in the off season??

I’m pretty sure this is mine.. Might be wrong… Buuuut.. Almost a year on and I’m back to the same dilemma!! Wtf do I do in summer?? Haha

ozgirl - 30 September 2013 01:31 PM

I am putting this in the too hard basket…

I found my into in the girls section… but I don’t think that was my first post!

ozgirl - 01 August 2011 09:35 PM

In honor of figuring out how to post photos I was scanning through my flickr album and found this.

Found in mums sewing room.

^ that was the earliest post I could find. It doesn’t look like Oz posted in the “welcome” thread until a few weeks after she joined - later than that post.

ozgirl - 07 July 2011 05:38 PM

Hi,

So I am two sticks not one board but hoping you guys wont hold it against me! I just love the snow grin

this was the one in girls…

One way to start looking for your first post;

1. Click on your name.
2. Click View all posts by this member.
3. Click “Advanced Search” - top right hand side of screen.
4. Use Right hand column and fill out member name you’re searching for, there’s 3 fields you can option, then click “Search” on left bottom.

You will get a number of results and likely a few pages. I jump to the last page.
It’s not 100% but it gets you started.