The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

The Boardworld Shred 2013 - Dates, Thredbo. Lock it in!

I’ll be there Thursday morning riding thumbsup

Who canceled at the backpackers?

ozgirl - 03 September 2013 10:29 AM

Oriph,

My car (with 4 of us) doesn’t get in til dinnertime on Thursday. But TambAzz & Co get in around lunch and are keen for a half day. I will pass on you number to them.

Re accom for the weekend - the village seems pretty full. You can try the backpackers I know someone just cancelled.

Cool cool thanks!

Looking for a 2 person room (GF is going to try and drive up for the weeked) smile Should be able to find something

siiiight i hope you guys have any snow left by the time friday comes….

lanox - 09 September 2013 08:27 AM

I think I will be packing my fishing rods as well…....

Skateboards will be packed. Maybe a boat for thredbo river. Kinda glad i havent purchased passes yet in case one day we just hike and build a feature

Azz, you have a freeboard yeh? Could you bring it?

K2_TeacherBoy - 09 September 2013 10:03 AM

Azz, you have a freeboard yeh? Could you bring it?

i have one too smile

K2_TeacherBoy - 09 September 2013 10:02 AM

Skateboards will be packed. Maybe a boat for thredbo river. Kinda glad i havent purchased passes yet in case one day we just hike and build a feature

You will still want a pass for the hiking!

And you need one for the race on the sunday!

running down the hill ?

LOL ^^^^

I will bring the freeboard smile

So who would be keen to hike out to Mount Kosi for a look see?

Is that a recent pic Azz? Spoke with my mate who rode thredbo yesterday, he said there was about 1 hour window of riding they did at Antons park where it wasnt icy and before it got to soft to spin. He said they literally had a ten min drinks break and when they hit it again the first 3 of them all dug edges into the kicker and knuckled with varying degrees of bad results. Mate reckoned with some salting it might have helped.

I will be in jindy this weekend, probably be my last for the season, is anyone staying in jindy or is everyone at thredbo?

Lifted from a mates FB, as far as I know, she took it yesterday. There were other pics of her snowshoeing up something steep.
I think she is down there for the Chicks on Sticks program.

lanox - 09 September 2013 08:27 AM

You’re not coming mate?  big surprise

Azz - 09 September 2013 10:34 AM

So who would be keen to hike out to Mount Kosi for a look see?

If there’s no snow I’ll be keen for some outdoors activities like this!

NBG - 09 September 2013 10:43 AM

I will be in jindy this weekend, probably be my last for the season, is anyone staying in jindy or is everyone at thredbo?

Haven’t put a whole lot of thought into it yet but I’ll probably end up camping in the NP along the alpine way.

K2 you can teach me to skate shaka