The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Federal Election 2013

Its all relative. Living under the taliban would make Abbot look like Ghandi. First world problems really, Rudd is a fcuken psychopath leading a party hell bent on buying votes, the greens are very thinly veiled Marxists with a tenous grip on environmental policy to validate the party name and the libs have a wingnut leader with perpetual foot in mouth syndrome.  With all that said I would rather live here than 99% of the rest of the world.

beachndogs - 02 September 2013 06:29 AM
cords - 02 September 2013 02:38 AM

yep that and Tambo’s post are hitting the nail on the head!

Since I’ve gained my swedish residency I’m wondering if I might be able to help some other aussies (my family at least) claim political asylum there.

me?? the idea of living under abbott makes me sad. i’m not sure how is wife does it tbh smirk

She doesn’t!

Rumour has it she bailed to England cause her husband is a cheating douche!

ozgirl - 02 September 2013 10:58 AM
beachndogs - 02 September 2013 06:29 AM
cords - 02 September 2013 02:38 AM

yep that and Tambo’s post are hitting the nail on the head!

Since I’ve gained my swedish residency I’m wondering if I might be able to help some other aussies (my family at least) claim political asylum there.

me?? the idea of living under abbott makes me sad. i’m not sure how is wife does it tbh smirk

She doesn’t!

Rumour has it she bailed to England cause her husband is a cheating douche!

Really? THAT’S been kept pretty quiet!

NBG - 02 September 2013 10:51 AM

Its all relative. Living under the taliban would make Abbot look like Ghandi. First world problems really, Rudd is a fcuken psychopath leading a party hell bent on buying votes, the greens are very thinly veiled Marxists with a tenous grip on environmental policy to validate the party name and the libs have a wingnut leader with perpetual foot in mouth syndrome.  With all that said I would rather live here than 99% of the rest of the world.

you’re not wrong about rudd. pretty much nailed him. and i agree with the wingnut title for abbott, althou i think that is being kind tbh. both abbott and rudd are equally unappealing for mine. actually, who am i kidding, abbott wins that race hands down. my marxists knowledge is a little rusty so i can’t really make an informed comment regarding the greens on that front, I do happen to be a fan of some of the policies/ideologies and candidates of assanges party, but being realistic, i doubt his ability to actually form any kind of leading party while being unable to enter back into aus. so i am really struggling with this decision. not to mention i absolutely hate having to vote on the basis of ‘the lesser of two evils’ grrrr.

i do love aus, but i would move to canada to live forever in a heart beat.

beachndogs - 02 September 2013 05:12 PM

you’re not wrong about rudd. pretty much nailed him. and i agree with the wingnut title for abbott, althou i think that is being kind tbh. both abbott and rudd are equally unappealing for mine. actually, who am i kidding, abbott wins that race hands down. my marxists knowledge is a little rusty so i can’t really make an informed comment regarding the greens on that front, I do happen to be a fan of some of the policies/ideologies and candidates of assanges party, but being realistic, i doubt his ability to actually form any kind of leading party while being unable to enter back into aus. so i am really struggling with this decision. not to mention i absolutely hate having to vote on the basis of ‘the lesser of two evils’ grrrr.

Never been to Canada, it does appeal however I have been increasingly looking at NZ as perhaps an easier move and a lifestyle I could deal with especially living in in the outer suburbs of Christchurch.  Surf through summer and snowboard through winter and the city is big enough for me to probably find a role in my current industry, they seem to have to do a lot of rebuilding there!!!!!!!!

The lesser of two evils, I don’t like Abbott but feel they are the least bad for me but with that said will vote for someone else as a protest vote and then vote for the fishing and shooting party or big Clive in the senate ha ha!  The Greens as far as I’m concerned are totally nuts cut off the nose to spite the face fruitcakes.  I’m not for wanton destruction of anything but by the same token I am for responsible use of our natural resources be they wilderness areas/ national parks or precious metals . 

I have no issues with renewable energy, I have issue with our country paying the heaviest tax for carbon in the world while producing less than 1% of emissions and not actually reducing the carbon footprint, that is clearly a money grab.

NBG - 03 September 2013 06:59 PM
beachndogs - 02 September 2013 05:12 PM

Never been to Canada, it does appeal however I have been increasingly looking at NZ as perhaps an easier move and a lifestyle I could deal with especially living in in the outer suburbs of Christchurch.  Surf through summer and snowboard through winter and the city is big enough for me to probably find a role in my current industry, they seem to have to do a lot of rebuilding there!!!!!!!!

The lesser of two evils, I don’t like Abbott but feel they are the least bad for me but with that said will vote for someone else as a protest vote and then vote for the fishing and shooting party or big Clive in the senate ha ha!  The Greens as far as I’m concerned are totally nuts cut off the nose to spite the face fruitcakes.  I’m not for wanton destruction of anything but by the same token I am for responsible use of our natural resources be they wilderness areas/ national parks or precious metals . 

I have no issues with renewable energy, I have issue with our country paying the heaviest tax for carbon in the world while producing less than 1% of emissions and not actually reducing the carbon footprint, that is clearly a money grab.

Lived in canada for the last 4 years and oh how i heart it so!! althou, the decided lack of summer and beaches was a bit of a draw back being a beach girl at heart. but the people and the landscape pretty much stole my heart. i would def recommend a trip there at some stage, i doubt you would regret it. but i do agree about NZ. it has actually crossed my mind lately that that could be an option. seems to have the landscape things down. honestly, these days all i want is the get a shack by the beach and grow my own food and get a kick ass dog. and stay as far away from the masses as possible. good luck with that if it’s a serious possibility hey!!

yeah, that’s really what it comes down to isn’t it. what party works best for you. and while i am super opinionated (have you got that about me yet? haha) i am by no means and expert on the policies of either of the major party so i am looking at the issues that i feel strongly about. the environment, asylum seekers and gay marriage, to name a few. and not going to lie, i just can not stand abbott. and i never really thought we would be in a position where he could actually get power. i also can’t understand how the liberals haven’t been called out on not releasing their costing yet. but this by no means make me an rudd fan either. like you said earlier, he is a straight up psychopath, who it seems is more interested in having the title of pm than actually providing effective leadership. and yeah, so i do lean towards the greens but i am still researching their policies.

overall, i do want what’s best for the country as a whole and i truly believe that that won’t be achieved under an abbott led coalition, so i am really struggling, as realistically it seems like that is going to happen. so hence the moving to canada plan.. haha smile

this really is doing my head in hey   long face

beachndogs - 03 September 2013 07:22 PM

this eh?

ozgirl - 03 September 2013 07:32 PM
beachndogs - 03 September 2013 07:22 PM

this eh?

amongst other things..  wink

LOL

LOL

LOL cant wait to see e new anchor man cheese thumbsup