The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

The Boardworld Shred 2013 - Dates, Thredbo. Lock it in!

Haha well played bossman, well played.

Well it’s going to cost me a days work but it looks like I have the Saturday-Monday (leave Sydney Friday night) sorted!

Now the question is do I push it further and go for a Friday-Monday trip…. thinking

Just had a call from Thredbo saying that the Alpine Way will be closed until 20th September. Must say I am impressed with the service that they actually took the time to call people and let them know thumbsup

Wow it must be a pretty big slide…

So Mexicans factor in the ‘long” way!

What are the buses like from Canberra to Thredbo? Seriously considering flying up to Canberra now. I have enough frequent flier points that it wouldnt even cost me a cent!

a 7.5 hour drive on my own doesnt exactly sound enticing!

You could ride share with the Chill Hill gang (you pretty much go past their door!)

There are buses from Canberra airport - just google.

A lot of people do it but it will be dependent on if you can time it well!

air180 - 30 August 2013 11:30 AM

What are the buses like from Canberra to Thredbo? Seriously considering flying up to Canberra now. I have enough frequent flier points that it wouldnt even cost me a cent!

There is plenty of buses that go from Canberra airport. Too bad our schedules don’t line up for the shred or you could have hitched a ride with us.

Fuck

trentradpants - 29 August 2013 06:52 PM

yeah thanks OZ just bought mine aswell!

Damn!! I missed out while on camp!

air180 - 30 August 2013 11:14 AM

Just had a call from Thredbo saying that the Alpine Way will be closed until 20th September. Must say I am impressed with the service that they actually took the time to call people and let them know thumbsup

What’s this all about?

Another landside Jez…

Closer to Khancoban - so only affects people coming from that direction.

Glad to see your on the ball! teacherboy

Thanks, and it’s “you’re”. raspberry

Just testin’

air180 - 30 August 2013 11:30 AM

We have a spare seat if you want….... I’m sure Billy would love some company from Melbs to here smile

If thats cool with you guys i would definitely be keen smile