The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

The Boardworld Shred 2013 - Dates, Thredbo. Lock it in!

When Jez raised the date change months ago everyone was like What the… and he swore it was fine to keep it the original way.

I also am unemployed and the shred has not only cost me a bomb but will be hindering my ability to interview and look for more work…

Plus the work I have already put into the race.

Either way the Shred Dates are official. So really that first weekend would be event time.
Would be devo as if Boss and Bossette could not come, but yeh, would understand they would have their reasons. I just heart them and wanna play

Wow, just saw all the replies now.

Guys, I’m so sorry about this and it was an incredibly hard decision for me to make. I have explained my reasons to some people privately and I am truly sorry for doing this.

I will do everything in my power to make sure we have demo boards and prizes for the Saturday day and night. Maybe TJ could run the trivia, as he offered me a while ago? Or we could do it on Sunday arvo, as soon as we finish riding for the day.

There’s going to be an awesome crew of BW members down there for the Saturday. Boardworld isn’t about just one person, it’s the whole community that makes this place special. So make the most of it, and have an awesome time with everyone who is down there!

I will be at Thredbo ready to shred first thing in the morning on Sunday. I will definitely be making the most of the Sunday with whoever is there!

Please understand that I really want to be there, and it’s killing me that I can’t. You guys mean to world to Michelle and I.  heart

Already msgd you mate, but use me to help in any way you see fit shaka

Thanks bro, I appreciate it.punch

The show will go on! Looking forward to catching up with everybody shaka

Besides, this way we have a couple of days to plan & prepare a “surprise” for jez & gerks smirk thinking

DylanV - 27 August 2013 11:27 PM

The show will go on! Looking forward to catching up with everybody shaka

Besides, this way we have a couple of days to plan & prepare a “surprise” for jez & gerks smirk thinking

Haha totally need something in the works… Has to top the dick car from last year right?

LOL

cool

Jez if there is anything we can do to help let us know.

deanobruce - 27 August 2013 09:07 PM

Im pretty fcuking certain its going to be somethign major if its delaying their shred arrival and not just some “thing”.

If he cant make it until a certain date so be it.

DylanV - 27 August 2013 09:09 PM

Agreed^^^

I really hate to do this, but im fraid im gunna have to…. Drop some hash tags

#firstworldproblems
#stresslesssess
#chillthefarkout
#lifegoeson

LOL

Couldn’t have said better my sell chill da fuck out…

K2_TeacherBoy - 27 August 2013 11:17 PM

Already msgd you mate, but use me to help in any way you see fit shaka

Yeah, just like ya you came through for Tambo the other day!!!!!  teacherboy  LOL

LOL

But since then he has been in overdrive big surprise

I have sen some things that can’t be unseen wah

Yeah, I think he’s come out of his Coma!!!!!

Or upped his data! (am assuming you guys are talking about snapchat!)

total bummer, but will see you on Sunday Jez!!  I could have been more flexible if I wasn’t starting a new job come Monday downer
I’m not too bothered about no demo boards, last year I didn’t ride one of mine at all, and I think that made them sad

But the Shred will go on (plus I’m jealous of everybody who could stay the week - maybe next year) smile