The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Shred Dinner (Santes?)

Poll: Which night do you prefer?
Total Votes: 16
Saturday
Sunday (when Jez and Michelle are there)
Don’t care
Not going

Hey guys,

I thought it was time to lock in a group dinner for the shred.

I was thinking Trivia on Saturday night (kick on in the village after) and then the big race on Sunday.

Celebratory dinner Sunday night??

Well this is starting to get tricky. Originally I was planning on doing Fri/Sat/Sun and had started to work out plans to switch my days work.

But going by this I’d be better off trying to swing a Sat/Sun/Mon which would take some fancier work re-arranging.

I voted Sunday.

I think Saturday is better to have the Trivia, the B-Rad raffle, maybe a few challenges if time permits. All while having beers of course!

Then we go hit up a few different places on the way to the Schuss bar for some singing, dancing and drawing on people’s arms lol. Sunday it won’t be as busy at the shred, less busy in the village and Jez + Gerks will be there.

Sunday would be a definite for the race, since the pond skim is on Saturday. (Which if you are planning to enter, bring your own board. I’m sure the sponsors and Jez don’t want you skimming the demos!

You can do it DRC!

We will still have shenanigans on Saturday night tho if Monday off proves difficult!

Why not have two nights?????

Good plan TJ!

Mizu Kuma - 28 August 2013 11:49 AM

We are!!

See above!

I ate at Sante (Churrasco) the other night and stuffed myself stupid as payment for some photo’s!
They are looking forward to hopefully having Boardworld gorge themselves there this year.

Mizu Kuma - 28 August 2013 11:49 AM

Friday will likely be quiet due to people arriving / checking in etc
Saturday should be Trivia, Games, Drinking
Sunday will probably be a dinner and more Drinking
Monday on-wards will be a much smaller crew and I won’t be there so I don’t have a say. Likely lots more drinking involved wink

spaz - 28 August 2013 11:54 AM

I ate at Sante (Churrasco) the other night and stuffed myself stupid as payment for some photo’s!
They are looking forward to hopefully having Boardworld gorge themselves there this year.

I think we should still look at the options. I really enjoyed Sante’s but we should probably have a vote between a few places incase people aren’t too fond of the Meat Meat and more Meat option. (Vegos?) It wasn’t exactly cheap there either… $50+ per head?

Suggestions TJ?

Spaz - who else will hock us up?? Candlelight?

Actually I have a contact there I could try.

Actually what about Black Bear?

OK

Candlelight - Fondu (and my pick for best food this year).
Black Bear - great food, nice bar. $20-$35/dish
Ullr - $18 cook your own (steak, fish, chicken, pork) +salad/veg. THURSDAY ONLY
T-Bar - wood fired Gourmet Pizza (one of the best in Australia).$28-$38/pizza
Alfresco Pizza - Take away/ delivery/ dine-in (licensed) $15-$26/pizza
Alpenhorn - Thai
Bernties - Tapas (been down on their game this year). Restaurant (upstairs) - no comment.
There’s also Denman, Knickerbocker, bistro, cascades, chinese, kebabs - all lower on my list.

Why not go Sante’s again?????

A good variety for everyone’s tastes, and easier to work out the Bill at the end of the night!!!!!

They also did a great job the first time, so why not show them support for doin so?????

Thanks Spaz!

I called Black Bear and they said they can do a set menu for us, so choice of 2 Entree, 3 mains & 2 desserts.

We can choose either 2 courses ($50) or 3 courses ($63)

Example of menu is their famous trip of Schnitzels, Steak and Vege’s, and a fish/salmon dish…

We don’t all have to agree on the 2 or 3 courses which is good!

Yeah, I don’t have suggestions, I was hoping Spaz would do what he did wink

Thanks Spaz

Out of them, Black Bear, T-Bar or Sante’s all sound like good options.
From the looks of things we will probably end up a bit over $50 a head again so I’m fine with whatever smile