The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

The Boardworld Shred 2013 - Dates, Thredbo. Lock it in!

K2_TeacherBoy - 26 July 2013 12:33 PM

good smirk

I’m still in easy walking/stumbling distance smirk billy

By the looks of it, i’ll only be Fri13- Sun 15…
Will have a test and preso on Monday - haha will def do well

as long as your there for some of it shaka

Mizu Kuma - 27 July 2013 05:09 PM
qaium1990 - 26 July 2013 10:18 PM

I am a new member of your site and already known that the site is very helpfull who wants about BOARDWORLD.I hope that I will get more help which I need to know about this. Thank you very much.

This is good for you wanting to be some help for member of you know about BOARDWORLD!!!!! I hope you can be there for his site and help your members!!!!! It is for being okay, your welcome is granted!!!!!

LOL wtf!

is anyone from sydney heading down wednesday night (11th) or anytime thursday (12th) that may be able to give me a lift?
*ill only have a small bag as all my snow gear is already down there

We are yet to book but will stay at River inn (as long as there is space left!) will only be there 2 nights arriving late Friday night. That is only my second day of my new job so no chance of getting it off :-(

Dylan, I have already promised Jess a lift if she decides to come so my car is pretty full already.

But Jess still needs accom too!

Blizz if you leave straight from work you should get there pretty early and not miss much of the action.

ozgirl - 21 August 2013 01:13 PM

Blizz if you leave straight from work you should get there pretty early and not miss much of the action.

Yeah I will, will finish at 5pm at the absolute latest. There is overnight parking in Thredbo right?

blizzard_22 - 21 August 2013 01:40 PM
ozgirl - 21 August 2013 01:13 PM

Yeah I will, will finish at 5pm at the absolute latest. There is overnight parking in Thredbo right?

yea there is, non of that leaving your car at the skitube crap thumbsup

Man, it’s so fluffin hot here in Croatia, looking forward to the shred!! Wooooo

Just a heads up

The new Thredbo season pass just announced includes riding this September (i.e during the shred)

Has me somewhat tempted…

If you’re there for the week of the shred, that’s more than half the pass paid for already…

For 4 days (and the good chance I might still be overseas) it’s not worth it for me.

If I was in Aus next season though, I’d definitely be considering.

Can you put your $200 deposit down and then just not pay the remaining? lol

EDIT: You need to pay in full now to get free September riding.
Could be good for anyone who didn’t get a pass this year and wants more than just the shred as well though.

TJswish - 22 August 2013 11:35 AM

If you’re there for the week of the shred, that’s more than half the pass paid for already…

For 4 days (and the good chance I might still be overseas) it’s not worth it for me.

If I was in Aus next season though, I’d definitely be considering.

Can you put your $200 deposit down and then just not pay the remaining? lol

EDIT: You need to pay in full now to get free September riding.
Could be good for anyone who didn’t get a pass this year and wants more than just the shred as well though.

Yeah if I come to the shred I’ll likely be riding 2-3 days. I wasn’t even sure if I was going to get either pass for next season (planning on a NZ trip) but suspect I will still clock up the extra days needed over weekend trips.

Being able to mix and match my riding (with the two passes) for the remainder of the season is tempting.

Posted a whole load of questions in the Thredbo thread as I really have NFI about the place.

Yeah I responded in the Thredbo thread with what I knew.

It depends who else has one and you would go with. 3 days at the Shred is likely $250ish anyway so that’s 1/3rd of the pass.

How long you going to NZ for? If it’s a 2 week trip, it’s likely you’d still want a few weekends next year aswell (AND DON’T FORGET NEXT YEARS SHRED TOO. Likely to be there for 3 years now isn’t it? If you do another 3 days next year, the pass is practically paid off…)

Don’t forget their is 15% saving on your lift tickets if you purchase more than 14 days in advance.

I am only going to do 3 days (Fri-Sun) so only $205