The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Boardworld members mug shots

Ahhh love freshies. Torture time.
The gold Coast rollers just split now there is paradise city as well.(who dominated us recently in scrim, thryre good)  Also tweed valley. Our league is coastal assassins on the sunny coast.
In September’ theres qld tourney Tropicarnage with a dozen qld teams going for gold.Check it out.

haha yeah, you learn early how to fall right hey. esp when you’re recovering from a broken tailbone! but thanks heaps for the info. only been home for a few weeks after a couple of years away so still getting my shit sorted, but derby is top of the list!! And i will def check out that tourney.

hopefully i will see ya out there one day smile

beachndogs - 11 July 2013 09:13 PM

only been home for a few weeks after a couple of years away so still getting my shit sorted,

Hey beach, Ive returned home as well from a 4 years stint overseas, still trying to get my sh!t sorted too…Haha! Bloody painful it is! Where abouts did you venture on ya travels???

surferguy56 - 11 July 2013 09:17 PM

still trying to get my sh!t sorted too…Haha! Bloody painful it is!!

haha!

I’ve been home 9 years and still feel like I am trying to get my shit sorted!!

only been home for a few weeks after a couple of years away so still getting my shit sorted,

Hey beach, Ive returned home as well from a 4 years stint overseas, still trying to get my sh!t sorted too…Haha! Bloody painful it is! Where abouts did you venture on ya travels???

oh hey surfer smile

I headed over to whis about 4 years ago on what was sposed to be the beginning of a round the world trip but fell hard in love with the place and never left! worked as a lifty for wb (a highlight was being round for the winter olympics) and then when summer rolled round i couldn’t bring myself to leave. bought a downhill bike and spent my days riding, hiking and chillin by the lakes. i fkn love that place smile whereabouts did your travels take ya??

and yeah, i hear ya on how freakin hard it is to be home. and i’m doing it living on my folks couch haha but they’re pretty awesome and they show their love best with food, so that keeps me happy smile

ozgirl - 11 July 2013 09:23 PM

still trying to get my sh!t sorted too…Haha! Bloody painful it is!!

haha!

I’ve been home 9 years and still feel like I am trying to get my shit sorted!!

haha i hear ya. at least your mom prob still has faith in your ability. mine said to me the other day, yeah i’m just not sure if you’ll ever get married or have kids jess. i hope you’re ok with being single forever haha there’s a ringing endorsement

Haha!

My mum said to my bestie just after I announced i was coming home at 25…

“good maybe now she will settle down and have kids”

yeah she is still waiting!!

Thankfully my sister stepped up to the plate and took some presure off!

And you know Dylan has also helped! haha

haha yeah my two bros have 6 kids between them so i am all good on that front!
and i make a kick ass aunty jess! i just don’t think my mum know what to do with a single 33 year old daughter. i like being able to do whatever the fk i want however… haha

beachndogs - 11 July 2013 09:27 PM

oh hey surfer smile

I headed over to whis about 4 years ago on what was sposed to be the beginning of a round the world trip but fell hard in love with the place and never left! worked as a lifty for wb (a highlight was being round for the winter olympics) and then when summer rolled round i couldn’t bring myself to leave. bought a downhill bike and spent my days riding, hiking and chillin by the lakes. i fkn love that place smile whereabouts did your travels take ya??

and yeah, i hear ya on how freakin hard it is to be home. and i’m doing it living on my folks couch haha but they’re pretty awesome and they show their love best with food, so that keeps me happy smile

Ahh yes good old whissss…. Thats where my ventures started in the 08/09 season with Rider26.. I stayed for the spring time up there but then moved down to Sth Florida to jump aboard the super yachts and sail the seas, which i respectively did for over 3 years.. Paid travel… Epic. I did quite a lot of the US, Caribbean islands, Mediterranean, and the EU itself snowboarding around Italy, not to mention Central America and Indonesia. All amazing places and experiences.

But now its home time and I’m desperately unemployed and trying to continue my career in the maritime industry!! Super hard.!

Oh take me back to my travels!!!!!

Least your folks are being kind to letting you couch surf it. Id stay with mine but their in Tassie!!! wink

beachndogs - 11 July 2013 09:48 PM

i like being able to do whatever the fk i want however… haha

This!

surferguy56 - 11 July 2013 09:53 PM

Id stay with mine but their in Tassie!!! wink

This is scary!

I had to move back in with mine at 30… Am screwed if i get in that situ again! they no longer live in Sydney…

ozgirl - 11 July 2013 10:04 PM

This is scary!

I had to move back in with mine at 30… Am screwed if i get in that situ again! they no longer live in Sydney…

As im pushing 32 these days, theres no way id move back in with mine!! Tassie is cold for one and no, just no!! Haha!

oh hey surfer smile

Ahh yes good old whissss…. Thats where my ventures started in the 08/09 season with Rider26.. I stayed for the spring time up there but then moved down to Sth Florida to jump aboard the super yachts and sail the seas, which i respectively did for over 3 years.. Paid travel… Epic. I did quite a lot of the US, Caribbean islands, Mediterranean, and the EU itself snowboarding around Italy, not to mention Central America and Indonesia. All amazing places and experiences.

But now its home time and I’m desperately unemployed and trying to continue my career in the maritime industry!! Super hard.!

Least your folks are being kind to letting you couch surf it. Id stay with mine but their in Tassie!!! wink

wow. just wow. sounds like you were living the dream bud. i always thought sailing the seas would be a pretty sweet way to see the world. i’m a little jealous to be honest! i think trekking south and central america is next for me, althou a buddy i met in whis just headed to cambodia to buy a hostel over there so that’s a pretty big lure too!

haha yeah, soooo hard hey. i too am desperately unemployed and pretty much broke down and busted ass financially so i wont be heading anywhere until i can get a job and some coin sorted. but if ya figure a way to get back to the travels without it, lemme know yeah!! or ya know, if ya need a deckhand on ya next adventure wink (incidentally, i did just apply for a deckhand position on the seaworld nara whale watching boat cause i can’t stand the thought of working inside again haha)

beachndogs - 11 July 2013 10:11 PM

oh hey surfer smile

wow. just wow. sounds like you were living the dream bud. i always thought sailing the seas would be a pretty sweet way to see the world. i’m a little jealous to be honest! i think trekking south and central america is next for me, althou a buddy i met in whis just headed to cambodia to buy a hostel over there so that’s a pretty big lure too!

haha yeah, soooo hard hey. i too am desperately unemployed and pretty much broke down and busted ass financially so i wont be heading anywhere until i can get a job and some coin sorted. but if ya figure a way to get back to the travels without it, lemme know yeah!! or ya know, if ya need a deckhand on ya desk adventure wink (incidentally), i did just apply for a deckhand position on the seaworld nara whale watching boat cause i can’t stand the thought of working inside again haha)

Yeah you gotta live the dream at some point in your life.. I was fortunate enough to do it for that long! Totally get ya about being busted ass and broke.. Man life was good over there! But i guess all roads lead home eventually! And besides im not getting any younger dammit!

Thats cool that your looking into a deckie gig!! You should look into the super yacht path here in aus. There’s a few boats around the summer time that are always looking to crew, and alot of the mini yachts out of sydney harbour are always looking for stew’s and deckies. I could even point you in the right direction.. If your located around sydney i could help smile Im looking at breaking into the offshore oil and gas industry. The support boats for the oil rigs off WA are wicked! Not to mention the serious coin that can be made with a fly in fly out schedule! Paid for 12 months of the years and only work for 6 of em. Winning wink

If i find a way of getting back OS with no coin ill hit you up.. Now where did i put my transporter machine?? wink

surferguy56 - 11 July 2013 10:09 PM
ozgirl - 11 July 2013 10:04 PM

This is scary!

As im pushing 32 these days, theres no way id move back in with mine!! Tassie is cold for one and no, just no!! Haha!

Mine can be bearable most days! Most of BW have hit them up for a piece of floor! LOL