The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

The Boardworld Shred 2013 - Dates, Thredbo. Lock it in!

air180 - 03 July 2013 08:43 AM

I’m thinking I might head up to thredbo for this. Always looking for an excuse for a mini holiday and it sounds a lot more appealing than Buller! Plus it’d be great to meet some new people!

Nice one!

We can chat all things F1 if you do!  cheese

For sure! Always up for F1 chats.

ozgirl - 03 July 2013 09:07 AM

Do it!!!

You may even be able to car pool with some people from VIC.

I think we have a spare bed in the Shred Palace! $400 for 4 nights (thurs - Mon).

I’m going to try and talk my friend into coming up with me cos she just bought a new board but if that falls through then I will def. keep it in mind. thanks!

Okay.

But I think they final beds for our place are being lock in as we speak grin

well if you have no accom with oz, ill sure go in with you and friends to ease the cost, i still havent booked ANYTHING for that week LOL
*except annual leave*

Looks like i should be hitting threadbo on 20/21 this month and 23-25 next and the probs falls creek in the shoulder smile

EDIT: Ahhhrgh, sorry guys wrong thread… that said i would love to join you all on the 13th!

Spoke with my friend who runs a lodge and it looks like we can get an alright deal to book the whole place for the week.

There’s a little bit of work for me to put in so I can post prices etc.
the place sleeps 26 people.

Some awesome prices for accom in Thredbo village plus a whole freakin music festival that week if you drop the Efterski festival names: http://efterskifestival.com/packages-booking/full-price-list/

Hermitude, Kele from Bloc Party, Rufus, Bleeding Kneez… $165 for 3 nights. My sister is working in Thredbo marketing this year and gave me a heads up.

That’s pretty awesome dropping_next, it might encourage some BWM to start the shred a week early since the Efterski fest is on the first weekend of the Shred.

I hadn’t heard about this event until right now, it could be huge and reintroduce Carnival Week from the late 90’s & 00’s.

I’m interested to see if they have a snowboard division for the Alpine Knockout - I love GS.

spaz - 08 July 2013 08:11 AM

Spoke with my friend who runs a lodge and it looks like we can get an alright deal to book the whole place for the week.

There’s a little bit of work for me to put in so I can post prices etc.
the place sleeps 26 people.

Let me know how you go with this one spaz, we may be interested smile haven’t booked anything yet LOL

I’ll have time after school hols have finished. Everything is pretty full-on atm.

So basically definitely going to come on this smile Probably just for 13/14/15 though as its reeeally tough for me to use annual leave (Even though i have 6 weeks of it!).

That’ll be the main weekend anyway mate. The rest of the week is to extend the fun with mates for those who can do it.

epicccccc!

oriphinz - 09 July 2013 05:32 PM

So basically definitely going to come on this smile Probably just for 13/14/15 though as its reeeally tough for me to use annual leave (Even though i have 6 weeks of it!).

Yeeeeeeeew! shaka

dannysquires - 09 July 2013 06:14 PM

epicccccc!

Welcome to Boardworld, dannysquires! cool smile