The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Welcome to Boardworld - Introduce Yourself Here

ozgirl - 24 June 2013 02:58 PM

And one ice skater…

Figure skater… Don’t make it sound like he played hockey or something wink

TJswish - 24 June 2013 02:16 PM
Viczerez - 23 June 2013 09:42 PM

Hello all, name’s Vic of Perth and I just found out about this site and I have to say it’s pretty awesome.
Skater all my life, surfer, even a rollerblader at a very dark point.
Hitting up Whistler-Blackcomb this December if anyone is in BC.

Ride: Burton Aftermath 155

It’s alright mate, we already have 2 self professed rollerblade lovers here…

That 90’s Roller blader action jump is classic. Hahaha

benjamin_chimp - 24 June 2013 02:12 PM

Vey Vic Hahaha rollerblader dark point. Hows the surf atm in WA? do you ever get down to margies?

Surf is sketchy here in WA, I think the waves are best suited for longboards but that’s just my personal opinion.  Haven’t been down to MR in about two or three months when the surf comp was on, but I go when I can just to relax.

Welcome Erin (as Oz said,, yay another girl!!)

And welcome Viczeres,  (roller blading isn’t that bad.. - as long as its not a scooter!!!!)

(I own a pair of $350 rollerblades.. but haven’t done it in a while.. and won’t for a while now there is snow)

How long have you been boarding for, what do you prefer to ride? (park/all mountain, etc.?) 

h0z - 25 June 2013 08:00 AM

Welcome Erin (as Oz said,, yay another girl!!)

And welcome Viczeres,  (roller blading isn’t that bad.. - as long as its not a scooter!!!!)

(I own a pair of $350 rollerblades.. but haven’t done it in a while.. and won’t for a while now there is snow)

How long have you been boarding for, what do you prefer to ride? (park/all mountain, etc.?) 

Hmm I guess I should add h0z to that photo then?

I used to rollerblade back in the day too. raspberry

It used to be cool, right? red face

Park however I’m pretty keen to go backcountry in Argentina in 2015.  If all things go to plan I’ll make it happen.

Welcome Erin and Vic!

I have been cruising BW for a few weeks now and thought I should intro myself. I am an oldie compared to most of you but still have a youthful outlook on life. Have been boarding for about 4 yrs now after giving up the skiing.  I saw boarding as a new challenge and a hell of a lot more fun than skiing. Even suffering thru injuries such as a fractured ankle and last year having someone slice the back of my head with their board. Blood on Blue Cow snow..lol
Home resort is Perisher and always stay onsnow at a lodge.. Will be there early Aug this season and will say hi if I spot the black BW hoodies….Kaz
Ride: Burton Lux 147

Welcome to Boardworld, Kaz! cool smile

Welcome Kaz!  shaka

Welcoming’s to all yee that have de-lurked themselves of late!!!!!  shaka

Hey all!

Time for a intro, My names Troy, 25 and have been snowboarding since i was a kid, just not as much as i would like. probably had around 20 days max on the snow. But thats going to change! Looking to try and get in a few trips every year from now on smile

So far this year planning on doing 2 x 3 day trips to thredbo/perisher (via oz snow adventures) and a week trip to falls creek. Next year Hakuba smile

Other than snowboarding i love throwing away money on cars and have a heavily modded VIP style Y32 Nissan Cedric Gran Turismo (only one in Australia) and a daily thrasher IS300.

Currently as far a gear goes have a Gnu Billy Goat 162, Forum Republic bindings and Forum Kicker boots. Just ordered a Travis Rice Pro 161.5 Pointy board though smile

I live in Mona Vale, NSW but have been looking to buy a house in the central coast (average house price in mona vale is 950,000 :|)

Really keen to meet a few people on the fields!

Welcome dude!

Welcome oriphinz! There is always Boardworld members on the hill these days, keep an eye on the mountains and travel section!