The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Welcome to Boardworld - Introduce Yourself Here

air180 - 16 June 2013 09:47 PM

Hi all,

With the snow season almost here I have been super hyped and have had no one to share my excitement with (my friends all hate cold weather and all that is associated with it - crazy right?!). So I figured that somewhere out there, there would probably be a forum for people who like boarding.. and to my pleasant surprise I found boardworld! So after a few weeks of reading I thought it would probably be a bright idea to join up and join in!

my snowboarding history has been pretty sporadic. First time I boarded was back when I was about 14, did a week in Austria on a school trip, moved back to Australia from Europe a year later and kinda forgot about snow. Man do I wish I had kept it up looking back!!

Fast forward 7 or 8 years.. did a week in France at a tiny place called manigod, and then another week there about 18 months ago, finally got the hang of linking turns and then I was hooked! Bought my own board etc. and got even more hooked!

This year I am planning to spend a lot more time on the slopes! Heading off to NZ for 2 weeks at mid July so that’s a good start at least!

Anyway, I’m very much looking forward to having people to share my hype with and from the look of things I’m going to learn a lot from you guys!

-Erin

Welcome aboard Erin!

We love to have another girl around here!

Hi all,

With the snow season almost here I have been super hyped and have had no one to share my excitement with (my friends all hate cold weather and all that is associated with it - crazy right?!). So I figured that somewhere out there, there would probably be a forum for people who like boarding.. and to my pleasant surprise I found boardworld! So after a few weeks of reading I thought it would probably be a bright idea to join up and join in!

my snowboarding history has been pretty sporadic. First time I boarded was back when I was about 14, did a week in Austria on a school trip, moved back to Australia from Europe a year later and kinda forgot about snow. Man do I wish I had kept it up looking back!!

Fast forward 7 or 8 years.. did a week in France at a tiny place called manigod, and then another week there about 18 months ago, finally got the hang of linking turns and then I was hooked! Bought my own board etc. and got even more hooked!

This year I am planning to spend a lot more time on the slopes! Heading off to NZ for 2 weeks at mid July so that’s a good start at least!

Anyway, I’m very much looking forward to having people to share my hype with and from the look of things I’m going to learn a lot from you guys!

-Erin

Welcome to the community Erin!! Good to have another person stoked on shredding. Get involved in the forums and always ask any questions you have!
Could you post some photos of your France trip maybe? People are always asking what Euro boarding is like but not many of us have been over that side of the world!

K2_TeacherBoy - 17 June 2013 11:38 AM

People are always asking what Euro boarding is like but not many of us have been over that side of the world!

Sorry I really should get onto my edits vid edits from my trip!!!

Thanks all for the warm welcome! smile

chucky - 17 June 2013 11:26 AM

. . . Heading off to NZ for 2 weeks at mid July . . .

-Erin

Welcome a board, Erin.

If you need any NZ advice, just hit us up.

I might just take you up on that right now! Any recommendations on a good pubs/bars in Queenstown that might be showing the State of Origin? We’ll be over there for the last game and dont want to miss it, especially considering this might just be the year that NSW win one for a change!

Also not sure how to multi-quote but am more than happy to share some of my France pics. It’s easily my favourite place in the world so I have an abundance of photos!

Cool, well if you end up having time to post some those photos, start a thread in Mountains & Travel smile

Welcome!

Umm Qtown bars, World bar might show it, Winnies also an option.

Been there 3 times but haven’t been during Origin, Any pub with TVs should put it on if you ask nicely!

Hello all, name’s Vic of Perth and I just found out about this site and I have to say it’s pretty awesome.
Skater all my life, surfer, even a rollerblader at a very dark point.
Hitting up Whistler-Blackcomb this December if anyone is in BC.

Ride: Burton Aftermath 155

Welcome to Boardworld, Erin and Vic! shaka

Vic, make sure you check out the Mountains and Travel area. There’s a lot of discussions on Whistler Blackcomb and also worth checking out the Whistler Community Blog: http://www.boardworld.com.au/whistler (from this past season - new one will start next season).

Is this your first time heading over there?

Welcome guys, Good to have more people on board.

Welcome to all the newcomers!!!  shaka

Yea first time in WB, kinda made a random decision to go and then committed to it. Saw the other forum topic before I signed up… eagerly awaiting the 2013/14 season.

Nice one. You’ll have an incredible time over there!

Viczerez - 23 June 2013 09:42 PM

Hello all, name’s Vic of Perth and I just found out about this site and I have to say it’s pretty awesome.

Vey Vic Hahaha rollerblader dark point. Hows the surf atm in WA? do you ever get down to margies?

Viczerez - 23 June 2013 09:42 PM

It’s alright mate, we already have 2 self professed rollerblade lovers here…

And one ice skater…