The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Need help with board racks and roof racks

My girlfriend and i are looking to buy some roof racks for her hyundai i30 hatch for the snow this year and the attachment for 4 boards on top. We don’t really have any idea in regards to which ones are good, and are sort of rushing into things as hoping to get them in the next two or three weeks for the start of the season as we will be driving down most weekends from sydney. The ones we are currently looking at are the Prorack Whispbar Flush bar racks. which are around $315-$350. If anyone has more of an idea than us or knows any little tips in selecting some could you please help us out.

also take into account the price of the carrier and probably want to get the install kit as well…makes life a lot easier

If you want to have four boards on, make sure they are high enough for the bindings of the upside down boards to fit in. PIA to remove bindings each time.

Azz - 29 May 2013 07:01 AM

If you want to have four boards on, make sure they are high enough for the bindings of the upside down boards to fit in. PIA to remove bindings each time.

I got Rhino Rack for carrying my boards. Came with pieces to have them sit higher and accomodate 4 boards. They are awesome smile

Thanks guys. Ill have a look at that other thread smile

yep thats the mounting kit i got also

i saw how they do it without the kit
its just a freaking pain in the butt

not to mention the clearance thing as well

only takes 3 or so mins to screw/unscrew the bindings. it aint that much of a hassle.

deanobruce - 30 May 2013 02:32 PM

only takes 3 or so mins to screw/unscrew the bindings. it aint that much of a hassle.

Working in a hire shop on the mountain, you would be amazed at how many people lose the screws between home and getting on mountain, If you do it, put your screws somewhere safe smile

I always carried a ziplock bag in my board bag/backpack that i would put my screws in when i had to take my bindings off on the trip down.

Smart thinking, I also have a tube of thread lock in there as well.

I just tie mine up in a condom

deanobruce - 30 May 2013 02:44 PM

I always carried a ziplock bag in my board bag/backpack that i would put my screws in when i had to take my bindings off on the trip down.

Same, they are so cheap, you should put your smart phone in one when you ride and keep a few handy for small parts or anything you need on the mountain.

Snacks like bars / chocolate / bananas could probably go in one as well to keep it a bit fresher and if something happens, not all over your jacket.

My usual on snow food consists of shots of highly alcoholic spirits from some eastern european country i cant name, beer and a dodgy kebab!

Easy word for it mate: Moonshine haha

K2_TeacherBoy - 30 May 2013 08:04 PM

Easy word for it mate: Moonshine haha

Hahaha man i loved that moonshine