The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

BW fame at last?

Fairfax Article

BW gets a mention in the social media tags at bottom.

Awesome work Jez shaka

Awesome! Good to see a mention in mainstream media

On another note…

Remember when ski boots were rear entry, skis were made from wood and snowboarding was cool? No, me neither. Well, not the first two anyway

This a dig at snowboarding? fuck off you stupid journo.
RELEASE THE WRATH OF CHUCKY!

The day Rachael Oakes-Ash genuinely thinks snowboarding is cool, is the actual day snowboarding stops being cool.

(. . . is what I just posted on her ‘comments’ section. I guess we’ll have to wait and see if it makes it past the ‘censors’)

I like this part, too:

NZ Ski, as big a culprit to the subjective snow report as any of the big ski resort players, has taken a calculated risk this season and offered free wife at The Remarkables and Coronet Peak.

A “free wife” from NZ. I guess there’s been an explosion in the NZ sheep population.

That’s awesome. Nice find. I have no idea about this. Stoked! grin

Yeah, wasn’t too fond of the article but at least she mentioned us.

LOL

Woo hoo!

A mention in mainstream media is a mention!

Congrats!

It shouldn’t come as any surprise that they refused to print my “The day Rachael Oakes-Ash genuinely thinks snowboarding is cool, is the actual day snowboarding stops being cool.” comment. It seems it’s OK for her to take a stab at snowboarders, but not the other way around.

Doesn’t surprise me at all. She probably allows the comments, you took a stab directly at her. If you said “TJswish is a dickhead” and I was allowing comments on my blog, I’d probably throw it in the trash as well.

The point is, it was blatant hypocrisy for her to take a shot at snowboarding, then expect nobody to return fire - “glass houses” and all that.