The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Snow Dreams

Hi guys,

Does the snow ever infiltrate your dreams?? and what do you dream about?

I’ve had two snow dreams recently and it’s a pretty common occurrence for me in the lead up to the season.

Last week I dreamt that I was at Thredbo on an excursion, I was my current age but it seemed like I was on a girl guides trip or something. Thredbo had been advertising bumper snow and each ski report would show amazing pow moments. When we got there it looked more like Selwyn at the butt-end of the season. All grass, patches of snow, only one lift running. I was going to expose them for using file vision in their reports!!! Then I was trying to decide whether or not to do this, should I burn bridges with Thredders? Should I bring the truth to the snow-enthused public? I woke up before the decision was made. 

Last night I dreamt I was heading to a nondescript ski resort with the family. It was far away we had to stop off half way and stay at a quiet snowy village. Anyway the main theme of the dream was me really wanting to get there and constantly being hindered by my family, losing things and having to head home, not waking up in time, not packing their bags etc. It was so frustrating. eventually I ditched them and made my own way there… then I woke up before actually making it.

Do you guys have snow/surf/skate themed dreams?

I think I can speak for the rest of Boardworld in saying you are a Class A WEIRDO !!!!!!! smirk

Nah not really, I have crazy stupid dreams like that too…... all year round downer smile

Azz - 27 May 2013 01:08 PM

I think I can speak for the rest of Boardworld in saying you are a Class A WEIRDO !!!!!!! smirk

Yep!

Just like the rest of us!

Haha some times… But I tend to just have the feeling of carving a mountain.. Kind of like that falling feeling, but far more enjoyable!!

and I change song words, eg. Mr.h0z had korn - Adidas, playing the other day, and I was singing along to myself… But it was “all day like I dream about snow, and all day long I dream about shredddinnng;!”

hahaha!!

Yep, all the time.
Ash you’ve even featured in some! So has rider and K2.

I dream of snow most nights and some aren’t that different to Ash’s.
Many aren’t frustrating though. I posted one a few months ago, in it I was riding my surfboard in the snow, literally surfing in pow and ripping up big wind drifts. As I went down the hill my surfboard turned into a snowboard.

Your first dream sounds like my real life winter experiences.

gulp

spaz - 27 May 2013 01:52 PM

Yep, all the time.
Ash you’ve even featured in some!

LOL

Allllllll the time. I spend all off season visualizing my next runs and thinking about what I want to do next season, so that kind of stuff just infiltrates my dreams too. It’s pretty cool actually, because I think it helps me to visualize better.

Although I’ll get to the hill in a few weeks time and it’ll all be for nothing.  LOL

Tills - 27 May 2013 03:04 PM

Although I’ll get to the hill in a few weeks time and it’ll all be for nothing.  LOL

ahaha this so hard, i swear in the off season i think im mark mcmorris, first day back on snow i get a bit confused..  teacherboy

I’ve followed Marc through WHistler park. I coudlnt even day dream of riding like he does!

K2_TeacherBoy - 27 May 2013 03:10 PM

I’ve followed Marc through WHistler park. I coudlnt even day dream of riding like he does!

maybe you were when you went hit the big jump at thredbo LOL

I was definately dreamin after I hit the ground hahaha

Then for a few days following…

My snow dreams are usually either terribly frustrating and I’m constantly trying to get to the snow and things hold me up, or I get to do a couple runs and I ride awesome doing big jumps, rails and spins. For the latter good dreams, I’m usually thinking in my dream, wow why is it so easy all of a sudden… If only it was hahaha!

spaz - 27 May 2013 01:52 PM

Yep, all the time.
Ash you’ve even featured in some! So has rider and K2.

I dream of snow most nights and some aren’t that different to Ash’s.
Many aren’t frustrating though. I posted one a few months ago, in it I was riding my surfboard in the snow, literally surfing in pow and ripping up big wind drifts. As I went down the hill my surfboard turned into a snowboard.

Your first dream sounds like my real life winter experiences.

So you dream of Jez and K2 huh? smirk

To be used against you in the future…. LOL

I usually fream that I’ve just rocked up to Perisher carpark and realise that I didn’t bring my board or something else really dumb and so I have to hire a shit board or something else.  Very occasionally I have a dream where everything goes right.