The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Want to be inspired?

Watch this incredibly moving story

Started watching it. But at work so will have to watch later….and i dont want to sit her cryin at work haha

K2_TeacherBoy - 23 May 2013 11:57 AM

Started watching it. But at work so will have to watch later….and i dont want to sit her cryin at work haha

Isn’t that what you normally do anyway?  LOL

BAHAHAHA!
** Sit HERE crying at work. hahaha that came out so bad

It’s a tear jerker. What wonderful people.

Don’t really no what to say about that, he seemed like a great kid but there are many many people in this world dying of cancer that I’m not sure why this particular story has been turned into what it is.  Almost every single cancer sufferer has a family that loves them and is totally gutwrenched every time they think of them passing on.  I suppose his age has something to do with it and he wrote a song that must have done well on youtube.  Not trying to be heartless or crass but I haven’t fully fleshed out how I feel about these types of stories.

NBG - 23 May 2013 03:26 PM

Don’t really no what to say about that, he seemed like a great kid but there are many many people in this world dying of cancer that I’m not sure why this particular story has been turned into what it is.  Almost every single cancer sufferer has a family that loves them and is totally gutwrenched every time they think of them passing on.  I suppose his age has something to do with it and he wrote a song that must have done well on youtube.  Not trying to be heartless or crass but I haven’t fully fleshed out how I feel about these types of stories.

I think it’s more about how positive he is about it all and his attitude towards the whole fucker cancer. He was sick and still had a great attitude towards life and people around him. He effected people even with out the illness and personally if we had more people who gave a fuck about others in society we would all have an enriched life.

can totally see where you are coming from NBG, i often feel these families are somewhat exploited. film makers jump at the chance to get a story with a bit of flavor. however, regardless of their motives (money/exposure/general kindness), it gives a voice to the disease and therefore exposure for charities and a chance for them to up their donations. ultimately a good thing?

also, my mindset changes for a time after watching things like this, makes me feel compassionate and think and look at life in a different way, also good i reckon. lastly, ive seen social media used in much worse/less ethical ways!

edit: agree with bkr, tremendous attitude for a young man in his situation.

We are all dying, most people don’t have the right attitude because they ignore their life is precious and limited.

The saddest thing is that it takes people to realise they are suffering before they start living.

Everyone should embrace the suffering they live - each and everyone of us.
Some are lucky enough to suffer only a few years while others suffer for 80years. Most live in ignorance of suffering. Most live their lifetime without living a day of their life.

When we accept our suffering we start living.
This is the fundamental exercise of seeking enlightenment.

Great post spaz!
May have to cut and paste that onto a screensaver.
Reminds me of Ben Harpers Will to Live.

Thanks deebs, smile every now and then I put some letters together to good effect.

It’s more Dali Lama than Ben Harper but cheers.
Most surprisingly is the length of the post and how quickly I wrote it.

Without going religious here I gotta say the dalai and his crew sure make a lot of sense.

Buddhism isn’t a real religion. It’s a way of thinking.

Cognitive Behaviour Therapy is similar but doesn’t deal with all aspects of your life.

I’m reading Alan Watts’ book ‘The way of zen’ atm spaz, and am enjoying learning about that way of thinking. Pretty interesting!

The buddist temples in Kyoto are a great place to just relax and get some deep thought. The way every plant and rock is placed took years of thought as there is meaning to there position.