The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Latest Movies

Recommend and rate the latest movies you’ve seen at the cinema…

We saw the Expendables last week. I really liked it, was good to see so many big name action dudes in the same movie. Really funny cameo with Arnold Schwarzenegger too. Story line was decent but not great. Written and directed by Sylvester Stallone. 7.5/10

We are going to see Inception tonight. I’ve heard really good things about it - pumped! Will give my verdict tomorrow.

What have you seen lately?

i’ve seen Inception twice now, absolutely loved it. Wouldn’t hesitate in calling it the movie of the year for me. Brilliant story and a great idea put to screen in the right way. If I had to give it a rating out of 10 it’d be an easy 9/10

Expendables is next on the list of movies to see.

I haven’t been to a movie in ages…...I think the last movie I saw was Sex and the City 2…......got invited to the premiere ... I think I was one of 5 guys in the movie…..I went in with very low expectations and they were only just exceeded. In summary it was cra-p and I wouldn’t recommend it!

rider26 - 17 August 2010 08:09 AM

Recommend and rate the latest movies you’ve seen at the cinema…

We saw the Expendables last week. I really liked it, was good to see so many big name action dudes in the same movie. Really funny cameo with Arnold Schwarzenegger too. Story line was decent but not great. Written and directed by Sylvester Stallone. 7.5/10

We are going to see Inception tonight. I’ve heard really good things about it - pumped! Will give my verdict tomorrow.

What have you seen lately?

Expendables was great! I don’t think there was much more they could have blown up smile). Thought Inception was really well done, great story.  Am looking forward to Let Me In (remake of Let the right one in 08) which opens this October I believe.

Inception - great story, very complex, extremely well written, great cast, would definitely watch it again… enjoyed it from start to finish. Solid 9/10

The expendables was good. The story wasn’t that great but the action made up for it. I would vote 7/10.

Inception I thought was amazing! The effects were unreal and so well done. I give it a 9/10.

Next movie to see is Step Up 3D. Can’t wait!

Ohhh how good did the trailer for Piranhas 3D look?  LOL

rider26 - 18 August 2010 02:03 AM

Ohhh how good did the trailer for Piranhas 3D look?  LOL

Definitely a renter, no way I’m paying $20 to sit in a theatre and watch that!

You would rent that?  tongue laugh

rider26 - 18 August 2010 02:21 AM

Only if you really wanted to see it!

Just Giver - 18 August 2010 02:23 AM
rider26 - 18 August 2010 02:21 AM

Only if you really wanted to see it!

Shhh red face

omg you two are having a discussion on boardworld forums and you live together ha ha welcome to the modern age.
Inception was a real twister of a movie keeps you on your toes the whole time.

absolutely loved inception, too…I was a bit freaked out in it at times (I hate scary movies!) but loved it. I thought the ending was really clever, too. I’ll definitely be getting that on dvd & watching it a lot.

Anyone seen the trailer for Jackass 3D? Never laughed so hard in a movie trailer in my life….absolute classic. Also really looking forward to Voyage of the Dawn Treader (Narnia).

Haven’t seen the expendables yet but I’m keen….

^yeah jackass looks interesting.. especially the hi-5 haha

Saw expendables on tuesday - I’d give it a 6/10. My mate couldn’t stand it but for me I knew that it would be your run of the mill action movie. Arnie wasn’t needed at all, should have just cut him out in my opinion, but the action on the whole was pretty cool.

Watched Salt on friday night last week at a mates place, thankfully he downloaded it and there was no money paid to watch it since I’d give it a 4/10 at most.. I’d go into detail as to why i disliked it so much but then I’d just give the whole movie away.

hahah yeah the hi 5 thing is so awesome…reminded me of the valentine on the wall from one of their other movies….except bigger and crazier.

Sorry for the double post (this is the thread I was looking for).

We watched Fast and Furious 5 last night. Quite a fun movie, lots of action, and super cool to see The Rock in it. Loved the setting of Rio de Janeiro too. As an action movie I’d rate it 7/10.