The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Board help for the big guy!

This is true.. A mate of mine brought the 2013 lib tech horse power last year, did 3 days in perisher on it. (brought it on sale at the end of the season) then 2 weeks.in Canada.. So around 14-15 days riding.. In Canada, about half way through his holiday he noticed a crack running up the nose end, in the middle of the board that was really noticeable when flexing it, so he voided the park and just took it easy, (the laminate on top and the base were holding it together..

when he go back to Aus, he went straight to the shop (balmoral boards in narrabeen btw) and they replaced the board with the 2014 model, no questions.. As they could see it was a warranty issue..

the guys at balmoral are pretty awesome.. They know us by name.. And have invited us to their day down there (they shut the shop and all ride together for a day) we take all our friends in there, as we know they will be looked after.. And don’t mind paying a little extra for peace of mind, (Aussie prices are getting closer to that of overseas now too.)

alright so I bit the bullet as a US store were having a sale and bought a 2013 Burton Custom Flying V 158 for $350 with 2013 regular Burton Cartels for $150!

$500 for a new setup so I’m pretty stoked. Sister is coming back end of June and is bringing it with her!

Good times. Thanks all for your help

h0z - 19 May 2013 11:36 AM

This is true.. A mate of mine brought the 2013 lib tech horse power last year, did 3 days in perisher on it. (brought it on sale at the end of the season) then 2 weeks.in Canada.. So around 14-15 days riding.. In Canada, about half way through his holiday he noticed a crack running up the nose end, in the middle of the board that was really noticeable when flexing it, so he voided the park and just took it easy, (the laminate on top and the base were holding it together..

when he go back to Aus, he went straight to the shop (balmoral boards in narrabeen btw) and they replaced the board with the 2014 model, no questions.. As they could see it was a warranty issue..

the guys at balmoral are pretty awesome.. They know us by name.. And have invited us to their day down there (they shut the shop and all ride together for a day) we take all our friends in there, as we know they will be looked after.. And don’t mind paying a little extra for peace of mind, (Aussie prices are getting closer to that of overseas now too.)

I think the snow gods were telling him to make a split board and hike mountains.

h0z - 19 May 2013 11:36 AM

(Aussie prices are getting closer to that of overseas now too.)

Not even slightly!

A brand new board over there Vs it here is going to be miles apart in price.

Have been researching a bit over the past few months for a new board.