The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Welcome to Boardworld - Introduce Yourself Here

sticks - 10 May 2013 09:06 AM

Hey guys, I’m Stacey - heading to Whistler for the season (and indefinitely) in October, have visited and ridden there for a few days in 2011 and 2012 so know it’s where I want to be and cannot wait until 27 October rolls around!! Love this site I’ve been creeping around for a few days - heaps of awesome inside info cool smirk

Welcome to BOARDWORLD Stacey! I’ll see you over in Whistler at the end of the year!

Hello.
I am ojisan, and I’m an alcoholic billy

Seriously.. I am new to these forums.
I snowboard, used to skate but these days, the concrete doesn’t agree with my old body when I fall off, tried surfing but am not that good, although I love watching the ASP on fuel TV.
I go to Japan once a year (to visit my wife’s family), and this year, purchased a K2 turbo dream snowboard with binding’s & boots for about $780 aussie from a place in Nishinomiya (Osaka) and was lucky enough to give it a good thrashing in some Gifu powder at Winghills.

ojisan - 10 May 2013 11:56 AM

Sounds like you’ll fit in well raspberry

Welcome to Boardworld, Stacey and ojisan! shaka

TJswish - 10 May 2013 12:04 PM

Hahaha too true! LOL

rider26 - 10 May 2013 12:05 PM
TJswish - 10 May 2013 12:04 PM

Hahaha too true! LOL

At least with us pisspots

I was feeling a bit worse for wear this morning.
Beer, wine with some spicy Thai, vodka & orange when I got home followed by a couple of shots of Sake.
A couple of Nurofen Plus and a chicken & gravy roll, and now I am ready to do it all over again. grin

Mmmmm Chicken.

Welcome to BW Ojisan! smile

Woo Stacey you’re finally on here posting haha now you can get all the info you’ll need about Whistler.

ojisan - 10 May 2013 12:44 PM

I was feeling a bit worse for wear this morning.
Beer, wine with some spicy Thai, vodka & orange when I got home followed by a couple of shots of Sake.
A couple of Nurofen Plus and a chicken & gravy roll, and now I am ready to do it all over again. grin

Mmmmmmmm sake… drool billy

Mmmmmmmmm, Nurofen Plus.

dance

Welcome to BW folks!

Ojisan, I like your style. billy

wink

Hai all.

I’ve been a member here for over a year, contributed and such, but took a hiatus and now that I’m working in Thredbo from the 6th of June this season, I’m back! Working as a ‘food and beverage attendant’. Looking forward to the season soooo much! Would be good to shred with some of you lot at some stage also!

Some random other info, Just received my new board yesterday. Rome CrossRocket. Looks good, can’t wait to try it!!! 154, and it has a bunch of weird ‘tech’ to it. It is a traditional camber board, however it has a less defined camber profile.
Previous ride was a 159 (PLANK) Burton Un-Inc. Will still bring it and possibly ride it this season, got plenty of time! It’s glow in the dark, lol!

Danny