The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Triple Js Hottest 100 countdown from the last 2 decades…. 

You can’t yet - voting doesn’t open til the 14th May!

TJswish - 08 May 2013 11:53 PM

Zombie in 1994 or Stinkfist at #2 in 1996 were both epic.

Im feeling ya on that one TJ!

Its funny how much music has changed since i grew up around the grunge/skater punk ear of the 90’s!!!

Spiderbait - Buy Me A Pony was the biggest number influence for me.. That’ll be in my vote for sure!! Im sure TOOL will get a mention too!

ozgirl - 09 May 2013 11:15 AM

You can’t yet - voting doesn’t open til the 14th May!

Oh fail, I should really read things properly haha, I read the banner on top of the page as 4 days left to vote, not as voting opens in 4 days. It’s because I was busy working ok LOL

I was always a fan of Calypso by Spiderbait. I don’t know why by that song rocks!

Song 2 by Blur will have to be on that list for me

TJswish - 09 May 2013 12:19 PM

I was always a fan of Calypso by Spiderbait. I don’t know why by that song rocks!

Or “sunshine” or what ever i tired to call it! LOL

ozgirl - 09 May 2013 01:10 PM

Or “sunshine” or what ever i tired to call it! LOL

Sunshine on the moonlight I think raspberry

Hvanet given it any thought BUT two songs that were massive to me in my younger years were;

Korn - Freak on a leash
Regurgitator - Song formally known as

deanobruce - 09 May 2013 02:57 PM

Hvanet given it any thought BUT two songs that were massive to me in my younger years were;

Korn - Freak on a leash
Regurgitator - Song formally known as

Those are also good!!!

That whole album played a big role in my teenage years!! Soooo many memories! Haha!  rocker

What a shame we can’t go back 25 years.  Anyway, going back to the start of that period, my playlist (in those days a playlist was a stack of CDs) included these, among many more:

Sonic Youth
Pavement
Dinosaur Jr
Breeders
Spiderbait
Helmet
The Stems
Jane’s Addiction

In my view any of those could have a song at the top of the list, but music is so subjective I wonder what the point of the poll is?

Here’s a few contenders for my list:

Bull in the Heather - Sonic Youth <- 1993 so squeaks in
Teenage Riot - Sonic Youth <- 1990 so doesn’t quite make the cut, but right at the top of my list anyway
Feel the Pain - Dinosaur Jr <- Chucky in the early days of his golfing career?
Cannonball - Breeders
Unsung - Helmet
Been Caught Stealing - Jane’s Addiction
100% - Sonic Youth <- features skateboarding

Mudhoney - 09 May 2013 04:38 PM

In my view any of those could have a song at the top of the list, but music is so subjective I wonder what the point of the poll is?

Theres no real point man, its a celebration or a mile stone of reaching 20 years of hottest 100’s smile

very hard choice.
Ween would be there, together with TISM (he’ll never be) old man river, Regurguitator (take you pick of their songs), Beastie Boys,
mannnnn.. could go on forever.

Ohh man this is hard!! Im right in the middle of sorting out who im going to vote for..

Anyone else voted yet or gone through the pain of sorting out bands and songs??

I’m loving this!! The bands that had a major influence on me in my teen years were:

The Vines - yes I was obsessed in an unhealthy way… I used to lie on the floor of my bedroom, burn incense and vibe out to “Mary Jane”... and the other tracks on “HIghly Evolved”.
Muse - hung around the stage door at Melbournes Festy hall after one of their BDO side shows a few years back. Was so close to meeting them!
Radiohead - I did a uni assignment on “Fake Plastic Trees”
Supergrass
Blur
The Strokes
SIlverchair
Powderfinger
Foo Fighters
Metallica - the first song I learnt on drums was “Enter Sandman”, “nothing else matters” was one of the first songs I tried to learn properly on guitar.

I could go on!

Ahhh! I wish I could go back to those years sometimes - minus puberty and hormones.