The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Binding ratchet ratshit

One of the ratchets on my burton cartels does not release enough to unstrap without prying it open (really painful when on the slopes). has anyone else had this problem? have you fixed it?

the problem:

Im thinking maybe i could use a filler/spacer of some sort to fix the problem, i have done it but only using thing that are good enough for a day or so, can anyone recommend something more permanent?

Yep, change the ratchet!  cheese  Sorry, smart ass comment

But yeah, that’s what I would do. They’re not that expensive and the best thing about burton bindings is EVERYONE has their parts. You’ll probably be able to get the exact matching ratchet for your Cartels.

would it be covered under warranty? there not even a year old

^ Yes.

DylanV - 05 May 2013 10:41 AM

can anyone recommend something more permanent?

FLUX!!!!!

You need to replace the ratchet. Where did you buy the bindings from? Take the ratchet to your nearest Burton dealer and they will be able to sort you out. Providing you bought them in Australia, it will be covered under warranty and they will replace it for free.

i did buy the bindings from an Australian store (online) but i cant remember which one and cant find the receipt, as for closest burton dealer, thats probably about 5 hours away. looks like im gunna have to do a fixer job LOL

found some araldite and an old yellow texta, results coming soon LOL

DylanV - 05 May 2013 03:45 PM

i did buy the bindings from an Australian store (online) but i cant remember which one and cant find the receipt, as for closest burton dealer, thats probably about 5 hours away. looks like im gunna have to do a fixer job LOL

Contact Burton Australia. Explain it to them and I’m sure they will help you. Phone: (02) 9935 9000.

Let me know if you have any problems and I will handle it for you.

rider26 - 06 May 2013 09:53 AM
DylanV - 05 May 2013 03:45 PM

Contact Burton Australia. Explain it to them and I’m sure they will help you. Phone: (02) 9935 9000.

Let me know if you have any problems and I will handle it for you.

ive already put the araldite on there and fixed it now, should i bother?

I would. I doubt the fix will last too long given the pressures exerted through the ratchet.

okay, ill ring this arvo and let you know how i go after

im really sorry for this guys….

but everytime i see this topic it reminds me of this:
(mildly not work safe)

Ratchets

LowGuido - 07 May 2013 05:25 PM

im really sorry for this guys….

but everytime i see this topic it reminds me of this:
(mildly not work safe)

Ratchets

LOL

LowGuido - 07 May 2013 05:25 PM