The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

signal epic

Nah mate, no inserts thats the whole point, soul boarding all the way!  There different to noboards, as they are designed to be ridden without bindings, whereas noboards are normally traditional snowboard shape/construction and therefore you need a rope at the front to pull to lift up the nose.  The Grassroot ones are shaped to float like a boat with a shape that enables you to keep the nose up without having to pull up the nose with a rope.  Well thats what they say, and from the videos i’ve watched it looks the goods.  But I would still like to hear from someone who has actually ridden one, and especially in Aus.

Its pretty awesome. I was shown a video by in of the guys working at nozawa this yr of a Japanese dude who paddles like a surfboard then jumps to his feet and kills it!!
Chucky the 158 in waist to nip deep Japan? The thing i was thinking is a lot of Japan is not overly steep so go a bit longer? Dunno. The epics pretty cheap right now.

deebs - 30 April 2013 04:13 PM

Chucky the 158 in waist to nip deep Japan? The thing i was thinking is a lot of Japan is not overly steep so go a bit longer?

Another Boardworld regular rode his 154 Charlie in Japow this season, and made a little edit. Not nip deep, but deep enough:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-npgaF_YYSk

I’d imagine he’s a similar weight to you. (Hey Dave, how much do you weigh?)

The overall surface area of a 158 Charlie would probably be more then that of a 160 Epic - because it’s wider.

Charles does well! The 158 isn’t too far off my tfa dimension wise. Similar length width bigger nose softer flex. The epic may be a gamble but Charlie would probs be a cert.
Do you find yours playful hooning about on packed snow being mid flex? Also pretty decent in tight too eh. I miss that sometimes in th tfa to be honest. Tends to like being serious mostly.
The yes board would be awesome surfing powder but i think some people could ride anything anywhere being freaks but i may struggle outside the fluff on it being not so freaky.
All great thoughts all.

Whereabouts do you live, deebs?

The winter wonderland of the sunny coast haha

Sunshine Coast, QLD?

The reason I ask, is that if we’re ever going to be at the same snowfield at the same time, I’ll bring my Charlie for you to try out.

Legendary offer!!! Where do u usually ride?

Thredbo this year, with maybe a couple of days at Perisher.