The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Helmets

Wilmshurst - 18 April 2013 05:09 PM

So similar rating not too sure about what the difference is..

It’s the same rating, Wilm!!!!!

EN 1077 - B Class!!!!! Certified for Non-Motorized Snowsports!!!!!

Yeah the first part is the same. But I want to find out the difference in testing for the EN 1077/1078 as opposed to CEN 1077/2007 or am I wasting my time as its much ado about nothin?

Yeah! What he said ^^^^

http://wiki.fis-ski.com/index.php/CEN_1077

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EN_1078

Blaaaarg…. Brain is melted from work…

You can figure it out for now..

Let me know your conclusion either way I’m happy with my helmet choice.

So if the RED Mutiny helmet is CE 1077B Certified is that better or worst than the roxy helmet?

The ROXY Helmet meets both standards, and the difference in lettering EN V’s CEN are just country/continent codes!!!!!

Pretty sure it meets all requirements of both codes!!!!!

Kinda like our Australian Standards Label that has the Ticks on it!!!!! US Standards can be the same, but just have a different label due to getting that Standards Certification!!!!!

Both the ROXY and the Red are meant for ( Just have Certification in a different way ) for Snowsports!!!!!

ie They are NOT Certified for use on a Snow Mobile, or Motor Cycle!!!!!

Okay i get the different country thing

BUT whats the difference between a RED helmet that is under $100 and one over $200. Besides cosmetic or thing like built in headphones?

What is the technically speak difference?

Yeah, dif in price can be Headphones/Foam Padding, Buckle etc Quality/Colours/Finish/Decal/Brand/Signature Pro Model etc etc!!!!!

Hmmm okay I swear I saw something about RED and some amzaesball safety rated helmet… So I imagined it?

Not sure about that?????

Maybe a Burton Fan could shed more light on that for ya?????

ozgirl - 18 April 2013 07:12 PM

Hmmm okay I swear I saw something about RED and some amzaesball safety rated helmet… So I imagined it?

Are you talking about the one with MIPS?

http://www.mipshelmet.com/invitation/Pressrelease_Mips-Burton.htm

Mips™ Technology
The secret behind the MIPS™ technology patent comes from the human brain, which is surrounded by a low friction cushion of cerebrospinal fluid. MIPS™ imitates the brain’s low friction layer between the shell and the liner, to absorb energy created by an angled blow to the head. The combination of the brain’s own protection and MIPS™ provides improved protection.

Hey ozgirl did you end up buying that helmet?

Stupid Rhythm is closed in summer :-(

Tried 2 different days over the weekend.

Its not something I want to buy online without trying it on!

Yeah it really just one of those things you really want to try on first.

I brought a helmet (sandbox classic in camo) for one of my friends from.rhythm about 3 weeks ago (online) and I got it 3 days later.. So maybe they were closed for the long weekend.. Or maybe they are only Monday to Friday on normal weeks?

they have excellent customer service.. (have experienced this a few times now)

last year a mate rented a board.. Went in 2 days later and brought a new board off them.. They took the entire cost of the rental and used that to pay off some of the new board.. And got the rental back off.him.. (even tho it states no refunds etc what so ever)

then again with this helmet, it was the last one in stock.. (and only large camo I could find any where) and being the floor model it had a few marks in it ( looks like stickers were put on it, and when removed they too the matte coating off leaving shiney spots in 3 places ( only like the size of a coin..) so they emailed me a picture of the helmet and offered a $50 voucher with it.. Or gave us the option to cancel. We took the helmet being so hard to find.. And got the voucher, a sandbox sticker sheet and a snowy mountains cookie too!! Haha excellent service.. ( I think I was more stoked on the cookie than my mate haha)

also the first time I boarded I rented from a place in jindy, they gave me a Rossi 154.. It was massive and super heavy ( I struggled to lift it with both legs bound in, sitting down..) I hated boarding and swore I would never do it again and I was going back to skis.. Mr.h0z talked me into trying it again for a weekend.. And we went to rhythm.. The guy looked me up and down, asked my shoe size.. Went out the back for about a min. And handed me a board and bindings, and boots.. (this was an endeavor 145 (9cms shorter..) and the last place I had to fill out a form asking my height, weight, ability, etc) the guy from rhythm was spot on with that board.. I picked boarding up and fell in love in 2 days..

anyways, I’ll end my rant on how awesome I think rhythm is.. Lol