The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Can anyone make a simple way for me to do this calculation?

I need an app that does a mathematical equation for me.

I have the formula, I don’t think it would be very hard for someone with the smarts.

Any of you crew all over this like a seagull on a chip?

Why do you need an app?

If you just need to share it with a select bunch of people a locked cell excel spreedsheet should be enough if you have the formula.

There could be a market (small) in it.

And trying to mess with a Numbers spreadsheet on an ipad or iphone ain’t fun.

oh, and I know about as much about spreadsheets as I do creating apps.

Azz - 14 April 2013 06:48 PM

There could be a market (small) in it.

Ah okay!

I as trying to think why a simple app would need to be shared with the world.

But if there is a market for it - cool.

(how quickly do you need the app? Isn’t it hard to jump thru itunes hoops for apps?)

Yesterday or the day before…....

Nah, no rush really.

Can you use Excel really well?

I am not a financial modeller by any means - but i am better than the average bear wink

Good oh!!!

How about just a simple web page with the formula on it that someone could access via smartphone?

Put any math equation in google and the result appears as quick as yesterday!
Google is your friend. wink

This is a pretty powerful calculator - http://www.wolframalpha.com/ You can type in words or formula. Used it a lot during my engineering degree.
else there are graphics calculators which perform the same tasks (both handheld or app form)

Send a PM to Cupid Stunt!!!!!

He was/is/does this stuff for a livin!!!!!

fmf - 14 April 2013 08:18 PM

This is a pretty powerful calculator - http://www.wolframalpha.com/ You can type in words or formula. Used it a lot during my engineering degree.
else there are graphics calculators which perform the same tasks (both handheld or app form)

Yea that’s what I was going to suggest, one of the great things about it is it doesn’t just give you a formula it shows the working out as well

Thanks guys, I will get busy smile

This is what I need simplified

that’s just pythagoras’ theorem.  Worst case, you can just use one of the online calcs you can find, just have to do the height and cover parts first then plug in.

calc