The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Village People then Metallica….

Just got a call from my wife…. before she headed off to work, she was watching TV and a segment about the Village People touring Australia came up…..as kids born in the 1970s and growing up the 1980s, of course we loved the Village People!!

Anyway she wants to see them whilst they are here - ehehehe to be honest I reckon it would be a fun night….... we must have a wide and varied taste in music…..seeing the Village People one month and then seeing Metallica the next….......

Just make sure you don’t go to metallica dressed as an indian

C J Parker - 19 August 2010 02:38 AM

Just make sure you don’t go to metallica dressed as an indian

grin

yeah can’t wait for metallica.. fear factory and the sword supporting should be insanely awesome

metallica is gonna be awesome. I might just wait for kort’s review on the village people though.

Village People would be an awesome support act for Metallica !!!!!!

bones - 19 August 2010 07:04 AM

metallica is gonna be awesome. I might just wait for kort’s review on the village people though.

looks like we are not going to Village People - the remaining tickets are all stuck in the corner .. given the tickets are just under $100(?!) it’s not worth it…...would have been awesome though I reckon!

finney - 19 August 2010 05:47 AM

yeah can’t wait for metallica.. fear factory and the sword supporting should be insanely awesome

The Sword, touring with Metallica, really?
I know the drummer, he’s from my town, and we used to hang out when younger.
He moved to Richmond, VA and hooked up with friends to start The Sword. Actually, the guitarist is also from my town, they went to school together. They are a couple years younger than me. it’s nice to see them successful with the band.
I dont really like the band though. Black Sabbath, was Black Sabbath, we dont need another Black Sabbath.

http://thespotlightreport.wordpress.com/2010/08/10/metallica-and-fear-factory-in-september-australian-tour/

I only just heard of The Sword recently off a mate since they have been announced for Soundwave 2011 (http://www.soundwavefestival.com/). I’m devestated that I’ll be missing it since I’ll be in canada… if I had the money I’d fly back for it since it’s a pretty insane line up, great mix of old and new bands in there such as Iron Maiden, QOTSA, Primus, Pennywise etc etc etc

Mizu Kuma - 19 August 2010 10:55 AM

Just for you kort!!!!!!!!!! Not many people have ever heard of this very secret collaboration mix!!!!

Villallica People - The black is beautiful album (The Lost Jam Sessions of the Village People and Metallica)

Enter Policeman

Say your prayers little one
don’t forget, my son
to include everyone

tuck you in, warm within
keep you free from sin
till the Policeman he comes

sleep with one eye open
strengthening your pillow bite

hahahah !!! Mizu, sometimes I think you have too much time on your hands smile

Mizu Kuma - 20 August 2010 01:49 AM
kort - 20 August 2010 01:26 AM

Enough time for you to take me to the Metallica concert with you????  cheese

heheehh I think my +1 might have a few words to say about that grin
Tell you what, if she decides not to go (I just cant see that happening!), you got first dibs wink

kort - 20 August 2010 01:26 AM
Mizu Kuma - 19 August 2010 10:55 AM

Just for you kort!!!!!!!!!! Not many people have ever heard of this very secret collaboration mix!!!!

Villallica People - The black is beautiful album (The Lost Jam Sessions of the Village People and Metallica)

Enter Policeman

Say your prayers little one
don’t forget, my son
to include everyone

tuck you in, warm within
keep you free from sin
till the Policeman he comes

sleep with one eye open
strengthening your pillow bite

ill second motion that one Kort