The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Enough Already!!!

Hmm this started as very tongue in cheek.

But DRC telling me I was crazy for wishing away summer got my riled up!

I don’t think wishing for only summer weather Oct - Mar is that crazy??

BTW the highest temp in Perisher in the last 3 days is 17 and it only just got there, it has also been in the minus already

The month of March so far at Perisher.

NBG - 26 March 2013 01:12 AM

Wow, there is still over two months left before winter is here, I honestly don’t think it’s time to start shitting yourself about it being a bad season this year already.  If it’s still 28 degrees towards the end of May in Jindy then yes I might start to really worry, until that happens I’m going to enjoy surfing in boardies for as long as I can.  Some of you really need to learn to appreciate summer by surfing or wakeboarding more.  I hate the heat but that just means I need to spend more time in the water and hurry up and buy my own damn ;place so I can install aircon and solar panels to run the thing!

I agree, my rant about this was just that i hate summer and heat that is about it. But i never like summer i came from -30 country and i am use to cold temps.

1) surfing and water activities i love and i agree with you
2) Air con i had pumping all night long most of the summer while i was sleeping (scared to see my bill)
3) cant get solar panels live apartment.

but yeah ...

LOL I said in a perfect world of course I’m not silly enough to think it would work that way.

In the end we have absolutely no control over the weather so just enjoy it how it is as sitting around whinging about it will only make you and everyone else miserable about it.

Lifes short wishing away nice days where you can get out and have fun seems counter productive to me.

I’d be looking for additional hobbies that can be enjoyed in other seasons if I was living for 2 months of the year of at best average snow in Australia.

I don’t wish away days!

This whole thread started as a joke!

And as mostly fellow snow lovers I thought you might have gotten it!

I have a life outside of snow!

You the one who wont hang out with us outside of snow!!!  tongue rolleye

Haha and my comments were largely in jest as well but then you got all fired up!

Honestly about a week ago (when a bunch of my new gear arrived) I got a massive dose of SDS it hit me like a truck.

I’m really looking forward to this upcoming season but I’ve also come to terms with the fact that the snow isn’t ever going to be on the level of what I had in January so I’m going to make the most of whatever we get.

I know you have a life and you also understand the snow as much as anyone here and certainly more than me which is why I couldn’t believe you were worried so far out from the start of the season.

In the end we live in the wrong country if you hate the heat and love snow. On the flip side we live in a fantastic country with great outdoor areas, world class beaches and generally mild seasons.

drc13 - 26 March 2013 03:04 AM

In the end we live in the wrong country if you hate the heat and love snow.

I don’t hate heat and only love snow!

Being over it is very different to hating it!

I am over the snow by Oct!

drc13 - 26 March 2013 03:04 AM

On the flip side we live in a fantastic country with great outdoor areas, world class beaches and generally mild seasons.

AGREED!

Remember if I REALLY wanted to I would be living in the snow!! I don’t! Which is why I am not grin

BLASPHEMY KIM! REPENT! REPENT!

ozgirl - 26 March 2013 03:09 AM

I hate the heat!!!

yeh screw Miami!

TJswish - 26 March 2013 04:45 AM
ozgirl - 26 March 2013 03:09 AM

I hate the heat!!!

this

Nice design mate smile

pants, i am down for that shirt you actually have them ?

Put it on a girly tee and you have yourself a purchase!!!

minus the f word….