The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

English Premier League

New season just started. Man City vs Tottenham nil all.

Anyone watching?

No one follows the EPL?  raspberry

only the highlights Jezz….
Who do you support?

I don’t really follow any team in particular, but when I was a kid I used to like Aston Villa, because their name reminded me of Vanilla Ice Cream smile
I also have a softspot for Torquay United (League 2) as thats where the TV “Fawlty Towers” was based smile

I go for Fulham but don’t really watch it religiously.

kort - 17 August 2010 05:15 AM

only the highlights Jezz….
Who do you support?

I don’t really follow any team in particular, but when I was a kid I used to like Aston Villa, because their name reminded me of Vanilla Ice Cream smile
I also have a softspot for Torquay United (League 2) as thats where the TV “Fawlty Towers” was based smile

I don’t really support any team these days, if any it would be Everton. I used to support Leeds when they were still in the EPL, but now I’m just a fan of good football. Arsenal are probably my favourite team to watch at the moment.

Mizu Kuma - 17 August 2010 05:24 AM

I like Fawlty Towers!!!!!  smirk

I’ve got images of you eatin vanilla ice cream while ya watchin the EPL, with a Burglar standin next to ya askin who ya barrackin for, kort!!!!!

My old man and my brother are the keen ‘football’ fans!!!! My brother had 15 boxes of the English Soccer mag SHOOT all in mint condition (not sure if he has got em now but), and remember the old man likin Arsenal back in the day?????

Man I misread what you wrote Mizu!

I thought you wrote remember the old man likin ARSE back in the day?????. I had to do a double take!

go Tottenham!!!!!!!
they are going to win it this year

Why do Spurs fans say that every season?  tongue wink

I reckon man city have a shot this year.

CRACKERS - 18 August 2010 10:29 AM

go Tottenham!!!!!!!
they are going to win it this year

+1

I’m a spurs man myself, but I don’t really follow it. Is there a good site that has highlights?

snownut - 19 August 2010 05:49 AM

I reckon man city have a shot this year.

Too much money, not enough time.

Mizu Kuma - 20 August 2010 01:29 AM

Go Mizu!!!!!!

Oh….............. shit!!! Sorry…... did I say that out loud?????? I just wished that there was a team called Mizu United!!!! Is that too much to ask for?????  cool hmm

It’ll be the opposite of Man City, rider!!! Too much time, not enough money!!!

That’s gold! LOL

LIVERPOOL REDS FTW!

....despite our thrashing to man city on the weekend :(

supported them since I was a wee lassie. Liverpool FC til I die! That means I’m supposed to hate everton but I just can’t with T. Cahill doing so great there. I certainly do fulfill the criteria of hating Man Utd with a passion!
Spurs suck crackers!

oh and Gamblor, theworldgame.com.au (sbs football site) always has the video highlights & some good articles and write ups. check it out.

anyone follow the a-league?

cord, thanks! that site is perfect!

I was really surprised Aston Villa got smashed 5-0 by Newcastle.

Chelsea are killing it. 12-0 in their opening 2 games.  gulp

meh, I think he’d diving