The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

JAPAN 2012 / 2013

lol. nice. It doesn’t really hurt so when I first saw I was like, “holy crap! that’s amazing”, but now I am wondering how bad a scar it will be. actually I’m really hoping it heals up quicker than it has so I can go riding again.

My final edit of my niseko trip
[youtube]OXo5R-o7JIc&[/youtube]

redjames - 28 February 2013 07:18 AM

My final edit of my niseko trip
[youtube]OXo5R-o7JIc&[/youtube]

No joy on the link there buddy…

*fixed*

Sick Mizu!  shaka

Forgot to post my edit in this thread, may as well keep them together.

Shit, I’m missing Japan already!!!!!  long face

Mizu Kuma - 04 March 2013 06:45 AM

Shit, I’m missing Japan already!!!!!  long face

Yeah it sucks doesn’t it, feels so long ago already.

Are you planning a big Aussie season this year? I’m going to try to make the most of it which will hopefully make the countdown to September’s Japan visit a bit more bearable.

When you’ve settle back in I’ll pick your brains an what you liked/disliked in the Kyoto area.

September?????

Sounds like an adventure of sorts!!!!!

Wasn’t in Kyoto long enough really!!!!!

Wasn’t in Japan long enough either!!!!!  rage

Only kiddin, you’ll love Kyoto!!!!!

Ohh, and as for the Aussie Season!!!!!

I’m not gonna do much at all, if any, cause I wanna ride Japow maybe next, or the followin year!!!!!

I’ve got an addiction!!!!!  gulp

Mizu Kuma - 04 March 2013 07:13 AM

September?????

Oh sorry I thought you knew. Within a week of arriving home I booked two tickets to Japan for the September/October school holidays.

Basically I’m going to be a tour guide for Tokyo/Hakone/Kyoto for a couple of weeks. Super excited to get back to Tokyo (love that place) Hoping to find some nice areas in Kyoto as well (I enjoy discovering little alleys/markets for food etc)

Going to be strange not having any snowboarding during the trip but both times I’ve often enjoyed the Tokyo visit as much if not more than the snow.

After I get back from that trip I’m going to need someone to convince me to broaden my horizons and head somewhere else for the next OS trip but I really do feel Japan has a firm grip on me.

Mizu Kuma - 04 March 2013 07:15 AM

Ohh, and as for the Aussie Season!!!!!

I’m not gonna do much at all, if any, cause I wanna ride Japow maybe next, or the followin year!!!!!

I’ve got an addiction!!!!!  gulp

NOT HAPPY JAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

blank stare

drc13 - 04 March 2013 07:19 AM
Mizu Kuma - 04 March 2013 07:13 AM

September?????

Oh sorry I thought you knew. Within a week of arriving home I booked two tickets to Japan for the September/October school holidays.

Basically I’m going to be a tour guide for Tokyo/Hakone/Kyoto for a couple of weeks. Super excited to get back to Tokyo (love that place) Hoping to find some nice areas in Kyoto as well (I enjoy discovering little alleys/markets for food etc)

Going to be strange not having any snowboarding during the trip but both times I’ve often enjoyed the Tokyo visit as much if not more than the snow.

After I get back from that trip I’m going to need someone to convince me to broaden my horizons and head somewhere else for the next OS trip but I really do feel Japan has a firm grip on me.

It definitely has a hold on me!!!!!

Kyoto has lots of little nooks and crannies to quench ya desires!!!!!

We only went to Higashiyama, Arashiyama, and Gion, but there was sooooo much to see and not enough time!!!!!

Very different feel to Tokyo, but still the same great “Buzz” factor!!!!!

Arashiyama was beautiful!!

Hey so Miz are you headin back to Nis in Jan/Feb next year? Would be great to have a riding buddy smile

Where di you stay while you were in Hirafu?

Mrs Mizu says no, but it’s early days yet!!!!!  smirk

We stayed in Kira Kira, in a Studio Apt, Upper Village!!!!!

Very comfortable, and I’m pretty sure that all of the Hokkaido Tracks Accom is doin an Early Bird discount again at the mo!!!!! 25% Off I think?????

Deep Powder Tours should know more deets!!!!!