The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

JAPAN 2012 / 2013

http://www.snowjapan.com/e/daily/niseko-now.php

I think there is a Hukuba now site as well.

Oh and Mountainwatch do Japan as well.

http://www.mountainwatch.com/Forecasts/Japan/Niseko

trentradpants - 23 January 2013 04:42 AM

What website to you guys use to check the snow and weather reports?? Im exactly a week off flying out and im super excited!

Snowforecast.com is a good one, but I’ve just been checkin out 360niseko cause they have pretty pictures, as well as links to reports!!!!!

Ohh, and my Oakley Snow APP!!!!!

Back from Niseko. Pow everyday great riding great little town (basically jindy in Japan).

redjames - 28 January 2013 03:33 AM

Back from Niseko shaka Pow everyday great riding shaka great little town (basically jindy in Japan)  sick .

Fixed your post! smile

Oh yeah I arrived back from my Myoko/Nozawa/Tokyo trip last night as well. With this weather and the threat of work tomorrow I’m just about ready to turn around and head back!

Was just having a look at some of the links posted above.
this… from snowjapan/niskeo-now

“There have been 2 fatal accidents yesterday. In both cases, the Niseko Rules has been ignored and disrespected. It is really sad to apprehend this reality. Both victims fell into a crack and lost their lives. Dangers about cracks have been repeatedly mentioned in this information, but ended up in vain. Disrespecting, ignoring or criticizing this Information or the Niseko Rules is not a problem as long as people take care of themselves and avoid thoughtless actions that could lead to serious accidents. It is a very sad morning. May their souls rest in peace.”

yeah i read that too, havent heard that they were aussies which is good news in a way i guess, but more importantly
I LEAVE FOR JAPOW TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I go in 3 weeks for first time…
not the best news to get you amped.

Pretty sure they ignored the advice on the gates!!!!!

* don’t know this for 100% sure!!!!!

They had just had a warm front come though, followed by a really cold snap!!!!!

it was a finn and a japanese guy

KoNG - 29 January 2013 01:29 AM

Was just having a look at some of the links posted above.
this… from snowjapan/niskeo-now

“There have been 2 fatal accidents yesterday. In both cases, the Niseko Rules has been ignored and disrespected. It is really sad to apprehend this reality. Both victims fell into a crack and lost their lives. Dangers about cracks have been repeatedly mentioned in this information, but ended up in vain. Disrespecting, ignoring or criticizing this Information or the Niseko Rules is not a problem as long as people take care of themselves and avoid thoughtless actions that could lead to serious accidents. It is a very sad morning. May their souls rest in peace.”

Oh my god, I just saw this. That’s terrible. There is no need to duck ropes at Niseko. If you do you are crazy, and playing with your life. Horrible. downer

Here is some raw footage of me riding at niseko annupuri on a black run called Merchen. Its a bit foggy at the start but the cam clears up quickly.

This is shot on a Liquid image ego pro in a waterproof case.

fly out this time tomorrow night.
anxious would be the term.

No need to be anxious Kong!

Excited should be the only emotion right now!

Have fun shaka

Hey Miz are you back from your trip yet?