The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Your Quiver — Post your ride here!

Sick!!!!! shaka

nice skip ....

Is it just me or is there a lot of camber in the board (looks like a full cambered board)? If I lay it flat on the floot, the rocker at the nose is so minimal but it rises up a bit more when you weight the camber.

I hope it’s the same board as the one that I demoed in spring.

I’d say bein more of a Freeride focused board, it has a more pronounced camber than the other CamRock’s in the range!!!!!

I reckon it’ll go sweet!!!!!

skip11 - 14 January 2013 10:31 PM

I hope it’s the same board as the one that I demoed in spring.

They use a mould so it should be identical!!!!!

Yea but the one I demoed in spring is still being manufacture by Nidecker, where as the production model is moved to Elan. Fingers crossed it’ll ride the same.

I’ll have if ya don’t like it!!!!! smirk

^ Good point, skip. The production quality/consistency will definitely be better, but hopefully it’ll still ride the same as the one you demoed - let us know.

@Mizu: Hahaha, no way I’ll retire it as a wall art if I don’t like it :D
@chucky: Yeap will do, should be riding sometime this week. The camber profile looks like it’s cambered to outside inserts, goes flat, then a small amount of rocker at the nose, instead of this http://www.nidecker.com/Camber.html (scroll down a bit and look/click on the freeride camrock picture, which is what the PYL is marketed having.)

Such a rad looking board!!!!!

Of course it is!!!!!

It’s got Bears on it!!!!!

All rad things have somethin to do with bears!!!!!

So awesome. If (more like when….) I get a pow board, the 161W PYL will be up there in terms of choices. I wonder if I can find one to demo in Whistler.

Yeah there is. Underground tuning near the circle shop demos YES, NOW, and Dupraz I think. Check them out.