The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Local wildlife

deanobruce - 22 March 2012 10:56 PM

not sure if i would prefer him above my bed, or as a rug on the floor in front of my fire kiss

You just wanna walk all over me, deano!!!!! You big husky animal hunter, you!!!!!

image shack seems to hate me. But check out my pic its heaps cool (or atleast i think so). Kookaburra was in my backyard and like sitting perfectly still. was so good

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lilwebby/6682692889/in/photostream

Bit blurry I know!!!!! (iPhone) Will have to get the DSLR out and get another one!!!!!

We have a really large flock of cockatoos that live around our area. This old guys goes down the park every afternoon and feeds them bread. There are dozens of them that come from everywhere to have a feed.

The cool thing is that even if the guy is not there, if they see you walking through the park, they all come to see if you have food. They sit in the trees around you waiting for food, sit next to you on the ground, and follow you. It makes it pretty easy to get some good photos.

I’ll have to post some when I get home.

I used to feed them off my back deck, until they started to rum amok!!!!!

Every now and then, there’s a solo one that comes down, and we give him a slice of bread or somethin!!!!! I don’t want his mates to crash our place again though!!!!!

Here’s a pic of Mrs Miz givin him a slice of wonder white!!!!! It makes his comb curly when he eats his crusts!!!!!

Yeah, I know what you mean about them trashing the place. A friend of mine’s mum gets a lot of Rosella’s around her house, so she started to put little tins of strawberry jam on the balcony to attract them.

Now she gets HEAPS of them covering the balcony, and the place looks like a bomb hit it. It’s gone from nice dark stained timber decking, to a kind of painted white deck.  LOL

The shite wasn’t the thing!!!!!

The Sulphur Crested just absolutely run amok!!!!! They pull clothes off the line, break branches, take single bites out of fruit then spit it out, chew bits off any timber structures!!!!!

They are trouble makers!!!!!  LOL

We have plenty of Lorikeet and Possum shit on our verandah as it is, probably wouldn’t notice any more!!!!!  sick

Michelle took this photo on NYE at our friends’ apartment in Bondi.

Lake Eucembene Turtle

teacherboy LOL

hahahahaha classic, K2