The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

JAPAN 2012 / 2013

I’m gonna dehydrate if I keep droolin so much!!!!!

Mizu Kuma - 10 December 2012 09:22 AM

I’m gonna dehydrate if I keep droolin so much!!!!!

Hahah can’t say that mental image is as sexy as the photos!

Have you got anything planned for your time in Nozawa or you just going to arrive and wing it?

I’m really looking forward to the fire festival and the traditional village but other than accommodation I have nothing planned. Will probably just wander around and eat and onsen whenever I spot a decent one.

How are you transferring to and from Nozawa?

With my new flight times it looks like I’ll be picking up a JR 4 day rail pass and shink/local training. Just looking into getting from the local station > accommodation for Myoko and Nozawa and I’ll hopefully have it sorted.

Gonna do Jigokudani, but that’s as far as the plans in Noz extend!!!!!

I’ve got a list of Izakaya’s down, but the rest will be riding and wandering around as much ground as we can cover!!!!!

We are catching the Shink from Tokyo to Nagano, then train and bus to Noz!!!!!

We then head to Kyoto from Nagano on the return leg, so unfortunately the JR Pass is no good for us!!!!!

Ahh nice is Mrs Mizu going with you? She’ll love the Snow Monkeys just make sure she doesn’t try to smuggle one back in her bag (my Sister and Mother are strongly encouraging I do that this trip, the snow monkey fridge magnet isn’t quite cutting it!) You’ll enjoy the walk up to the onsen (providing you dress warmly) it’s absolutely beautiful.

Didn’t know you were going to Kyoto that should be nice as well, unfortunately it doesn’t take me long to get templed out but it looks very tranquil.

Just got an email off my Nozawa accommodation offering to pick me up from the station shaka

Yeah, just me and the boss after Niseko, and yeah I’m sure she’ll want to bring one of the furry little bug eaters home for sure!!!!!

And I’ll tell her that the fridge magnet’s a bad investment also!!!!! Hahahahaa!!!!!

I’ve read the same thing about my accom at Nozawa where the owner comes and picks ya up from the station too, but I was just gonna roll with that offer when we leave!!!!! I’m leavin the transfer in as a challenge to work it out for myself kinda thing!!!!!

And yeah, I’ll be Templed out after a couple as well, but there’ll be Geishas, Tea Houses, Shops/Markets, Sword Makers etc etc to keep me busy, and if we can possibly squeeze it in, a duck down to Hiroshima, but were only there for 3 nights so I don’t know how much we can jam in without goin overboard and turnin it into a stress out????? Whatever we miss out this time, we’ll just have to revisit again!!!!! wink

Sounds wicked Miz! Yep, watch out for those sake bottles to the eye dave! That fire festival is MAD!!!!!!!!!!

I’m so amped Billy!!!!!

All the boys at work think I’m a gigglin school girl at a Justin Beiber Concert!!!!!

Mizu Kuma - 10 December 2012 10:26 AM

and if we can possibly squeeze it in, a duck down to Hiroshima

Jump on the Shink for a day trip down there mate.

I promise you will think differently about the world after you visit the memorial.

Take tissues.

I am heading back there again next time, I need to absorb more that I just couldn’t get my head around last time.
Wildman was only young, so will be interesting to see what he gets out of it. Mini Shred will come away a better kid for it.

I cannot recommend highly enough that you do head down there.

Oh, make sure you book your trains though. Our day was extended by 5 hours and cost lots more than we expected because we didn’t book a seat smile

At least we got to hang out in a train station for a few hours and people watch, always fun!

Yeah, will def try and squeeze it in, but like I said, we’ll be returning to Japan cause we have to see the spring and autumn changes at some stage in our lives as well!!!!!

I need to win the lottery, or start sellin my body on the streets?????

How much do ya think I could get for it????? It’s got a few K’s on it, but it’s still runnin like a dream!!!!!

I would love to see Japan in other season, but if i was going to go on a non ski holiday I would go to a different country altogether… its a conundrum i say!

You may want to have a sip of water Mizu…...  drool

I need this guy and his german made towels

I am IN TRANSIT to Hakuba as we speak rocker

If I get any more excited I’m going to have to buy a Japanese love pillow… just not one that looks like this:

Nice! keep us updated mate shred

Stoked for ya, have fun mate!