The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

JAPAN 2012 / 2013

drc13 - 05 December 2012 01:15 AM

Haha yeah mate if I don’t manage to get Pow this time I give up smile

Or try Hokkaido next?????

Yeah actually Hokkaido is a possibility. I’ll also have to consider expanding my horizons to the USA/Canada next trip as well.

Things are looking good early in the season with a great week forecast. Myoko is known as a powder hotspot so hopefully I get lucky there. It’s certainly not the end of the world if I don’t as I’ll have a blast either way it was just funny that it was warm and sunny the days I was on the slopes but snowed when I was at the monkeys and then arrived to snow in Tokyo. Honshu got puked on most days after I left for about a month!  rage

well when i was there first week of feb every day i was there it was puking hard and i think it rained on the last days at night so i was quiet happy with it…..

Yeah, only kiddin!!!!!

Luck of the draw when ya got a small window of opportunity!!!!!

I’d love to go to Mt Baker next I reckon!!!!!

Haha it’s all good I reckon I would love all of Japan and certainly intend to head to Hokkaido sooner than later just for this trip I really want to see the fire-festival and Nozawa village which kind of dictated Honshu for me with my time frame.

Yeah that’s exactly right the complaint about pow is tongue in cheek as anything can happen weather wise if you are only there for 1 week. Sounds like Lanox got a sick run of weather. People were actually saying I was lucky because I got bluebird and hense could see the scenery. A mixture of the two would be nice! smile

Hmm will need to look into this Mt Baker!

Hakuba is getting puked on this weekend

Gamblor - 05 December 2012 04:13 AM

You gettin on the piss Friday night?????

I don’t want to put my weather order in cause i don’t wanna jinx my trip!!

But yes it is the biggest complaint in Japan esp in Nis - getting to see Yoeti is a big deal!

Mizu Kuma - 05 December 2012 04:15 AM
Gamblor - 05 December 2012 04:13 AM

You gettin on the piss Friday night?????

LOL

~ Images from 360 Niseko ~

Bit late, but this is a vid of the first snow falling in Niseko, with a drive around Hirafu Village!!!!!

shred

Huuuuurrrry up January!!

Billy - 07 December 2012 03:59 AM

shred

Huuuuurrrry up <strike>January</strike> February!!

smirk

yeah, what that guy ^^^^ said

its weird looking at those 360 blog photos of the mountain and being able to see. I was only there for 2 days and it puked the whole time so visibility was pretty crappy but for an awesome reason. I can see runs i was doing that make more sense now smile