The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Welcome to Boardworld - Introduce Yourself Here

Hi Holly,
Was watching your vid in the photo/vid section.
Your not alone here being a converted skier (some still ski as well as board) and you should fully hit the surf if your that close.

Welcome onboard!

Hey Holly,
Welcome to boardworld.
Where abouts are you from lucky enough to have the beach and lake close by? lol
Def give wakeboarding a go you will love it, i might be a lil bias though haha
Im hanging to get the boat out on the water this season.
Cheers
Josh

Welcome a board h0z!!!!  shaka

h0z - 13 October 2012 11:43 AM

Hey all!,

I’m h0z aka. Holly,

I’m a converted Skier (just finished my second season Snowboarding and im LOVING it!! - started attempting jumps towards the end, and cant wait for next season..)
as a skier, i never really ‘missed’ the snow, was more just something fun to do.. but this year im actually sad to see the end of the season! and counting down till 2013!

I used to skate, now mainly blade, but after loving snowboarding I’m contemplating giving it another shot, also looking into surfing/ or wake boarding, as im right on the beach with a lake next to it,

Just trying things where i wont get too badly injured, as i seem to be accident prone ( actually i just like to try stupid things haha)

*waves* smile

Welcome to Boardworld Holly! Great to hear you have found the stoke and are hooked on boarding. Get back on the 4 wheels too! shaka

4ce_full - 15 October 2012 05:05 AM

Hey Holly,
Welcome to boardworld.
Where abouts are you from lucky enough to have the beach and lake close by? lol
Def give wakeboarding a go you will love it, i might be a lil bias though haha
Im hanging to get the boat out on the water this season.
Cheers
Josh

Boardworld Wakeboard day. I don’t have a boat or a board raspberry

Thanks everyone!

and Josh, im from Northern Beaches, in Sydney, so im lucky enough to have heaps of beaches, narrabeen lake, and pittwater basin all to play in!

looking into skateboards with my bf at the moment, so should be good! smile

also fascinated by the indo board.. but im deciding if i would get over the novelity of it? i love snowboarding, not only because its fun, but because it outdoors and there is nice scenery…

h0z - 15 October 2012 12:48 PM

. . . also fascinated by the indo board.. but im deciding if i would get over the novelity of it?

Hi Holly.

You’d have more fun for longer on a smaller Vew-Do balance board.

http://www.vewdo.com

Their new ‘Nub’ boards look interesting too:

[vimeo]39870684#[/vimeo]

h0z - 15 October 2012 12:48 PM

Thanks everyone!

and Josh, im from Northern Beaches, in Sydney, so im lucky enough to have heaps of beaches, narrabeen lake, and pittwater basin all to play in!

looking into skateboards with my bf at the moment, so should be good! smile

also fascinated by the indo board.. but im deciding if i would get over the novelity of it? i love snowboarding, not only because its fun, but because it outdoors and there is nice scenery…

Northern Beaches isn’t too far from a fair few of us. Maybe try to come out to Bondi for a drink at the meetup (see other thread in social).

Hey Holly, welcome to BW! smile shred

Welcome to the community, Holly! shaka

Welcome Holly! Nice to have you here

Nice another northern beaches member!  Wouldn’t try wakeboarding in Narrabeen Lake, way to shallow, Pittwater is a better bet!

Hey guys. Another new member here from the northern beaches. Looking forward to getting to know everyone.

Welcome mate

Welcome dude. Again, we have a heap of Sydney siders. Make sure you hit everyone up smile