The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Fastest you’ve been on a snowboard?

Shite, how far did ya slide on ya arse????? No wonder ya pants melted!!!!!

It was prob a good thing that ya did lose it where ya did, otherwise ya would’ve ended up in the car park!!!!!  LOL

Thats how I ripped my pants the week before the shred. Too fast down Yarrandoo and then sliding on my ass!

Mizu Kuma - 12 October 2012 11:17 PM

Shite, how far did ya slide on ya arse?????

Yep, a fair way.  I might quit now before it gets stupid…

What did the ski patroller have to say? Was he going to take your pass?

Awesome effort mate, that was hell fast shaka

when we where down for the shred i was using the ski tracks app on my phone and got to 95km/h

nah it was 97! i remember you showing me after it…i think

Spaz had one that said like 140… and going on his averages I think that one was wrong lol.

That was prob after he got out of the car!!!!!

TJswish - 15 October 2012 06:19 AM

Spaz had one that said like 140… and going on his averages I think that one was wrong lol.

that was the perisher app

cords - 07 September 2012 08:27 AM

I really have to edit and upload the gopro footage from freddy flying down towers at top speed (and colliding with a skier).

Ok so freddy finally got around to doing this!

Pretty sure the run is towers, but the perisher die hards can tell me if its wrong. Freddy sporting his Pirate beard (this was 2 days after pirate weekend)

Weren’t running any apps but we’re about as sure as we can be that he was up around the 100kph mark. Filmed with the gopro in his hand…had our Nikon HD point and shoot camera in the cargo pocket near his right knee. Collision broke the screen and rendered it pretty much useless (had never noticed that cameras don’t have viewfinders anymore until that point!)

I’ll embed it here but its available in HD on youtube.

Not to take anything away from freddy because that was fast!! But having done 100 on Towers (yes that’s Towers) the fact that he turned three times as he began the steep bit means too much speed was washed off to hit 100. To hit the high 90’s you can’t make a single turn on the initial acceleration stage of that part of towers. To get triple figures you need to come into that section with some speed like AJ - problem is that you can’t see over the knoll as you approach, then not make a turn for the first half.

haha, no need to see if someone is going to hit you from uphill. wink

Hahahaahaaa, like the edit, cords!!!!! That Goat is a Screamer!!!!! LOL

I reckon anyone can straight line bomb a hill. I don’t think takes that much skill (well to win a race yes a bit more skill), even people can’t ride on edges can do it. A long steep run with some turns would show the real speedsters I reckon or maybe a slalom or banked slalom! A shred banked slalom would be so fun even if I did come last.

Yeah I agree, speed through a banked course is wayyyy freakier than straightlinin!!!!!

Even if it’s at a quarter of the pace!!!!!

CRACKERS - 23 March 2013 05:20 AM

A long steep run with some turns would show the real speedsters I reckon or maybe a slalom or banked slalom!

True. Boardercross as well.

CRACKERS - 23 March 2013 05:20 AM

A shred banked slalom would be so fun even if I did come last.

I mentioned the idea to Jez midway through last year, in the lead up to the Shred. It turned out it was futile to approach planning anything like that with Perisher - but now that Thredbo have come good, there’s always hope.